Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need some help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrawnyscrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need some help
    Posted: 22 September 2008 at 3:48pm

Hey I've recently decided to upgrade from a A-5 to an X-7 mainly because i have the money finnaly and my brother wishes to use my A-5 when iget a new gun. I have three questions however that i would really aprreciate beign answered.

1. Is the X-7 Heavier or Lighter than the A-5 ? I have heard both from this and other forumns but according to Tippmans site the X-7 ids heavier. Also is the A-5 with Flatline heavier then the X-7?

2. Is it true that due to a lack of length the X-7 Flatline is not as effective as the A-5's ? i doubt this but i have also heard this from many people

3. Whatm od is needed to make the cyclone feed more dursable and are any other mods for it reccomended ?

Thank you :D.

Rambino View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2008 at 4:01pm

Welcome to the forum.

The A-5 and the X-7 are basically the same gun, with identical performance, except that the X-7 Cyclone is capable of higher speeds than the stock A-5 Cyclone.

I have not noticed any difference in performance between the A-5 Flatline and the X-7 Flatline.

As to weight - the X-7 is lighter, because of the lighter alloy used for the receiver halves.  The X-7 is also heavier, however, because of all the milsim accessories that everybody attaches.

[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/aag8s8.jpg">
Scrawnyscrub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrawnyscrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2008 at 4:46pm

Thansk for the good news o nthe Flatline and the Weight :D

i really liek the look of the X-7 and the built i nrail system much mroe than the body kits for the A-5 plus my bro needs a gun too :).

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 11:07am

You are a better brother than I would be. I'd buy him a used 98 and tell him to be happy with it.

Than again, maybe you just wanted an excuse to buy a shiny new toy?

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
XDG SCORPION View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XDG SCORPION Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 11:15am
I wouldn't even buy my brother (if i had one) a gun. He could buy his own.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic