Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Non bolt on A-5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Repeat Offender

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Non bolt on A-5
    Posted: 09 October 2008 at 11:03pm

A5 in green. I wasn't sure if the hopper and pistol grip could handle the curing temperatures when I coated this one (they can) so I left them black. The lip in the front is derived from short-barreled machineguns to keep the operators hand from slipping in front of the muzzle. As it is extraneous on the A5 and somewhat blocky in contour, I reduced it by about half and rounded the edges.

Cutting down the front sight obscures less of the target

Machining the optics rail to accept standard military optics (M1913 Picatinny Style)

HK Drum rear sight installed in place of the original. Unfortunately, the sights are not useable with the TAPCO AR-15 collapsing stock.

I knurled the flatline barrel sleeve for cosmetics. It isn't thick enough for the raised knurling I'd use on a real silencer.

Another A5 in METACOL III Woodland Camouflage. I was still testing the e-trigger, so opted not to paint it.

kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2008 at 12:23am
i like the machining idea with the rail, vary cool, good work.
bravecoward View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2008 at 1:09am
I honestly didnt know you played 
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2008 at 8:11am
Looks good.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
hockeyaddict_6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hockeyaddict_6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2008 at 8:40am
Your knurl is double-cut.
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2008 at 10:18am
Looks pretty good.
X
AoSpades View Drop Down
Eight Lives Left

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AoSpades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2008 at 11:06am
/want
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2008 at 7:16pm

Originally posted by hockeyaddict_6 hockeyaddict_6 wrote:

Your knurl is double-cut.

it's the new 3d effect :P

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic