Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Upcoming Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TSSOC presents Red Dawn Scenario at PocoLoco, 3/28

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSSOC.Professor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TSSOC presents Red Dawn Scenario at PocoLoco, 3/28
    Posted: 20 January 2009 at 12:44pm

TSSOC presents Red Dawn Scenario Game at PocoLoco Paintball Park, Saturday, March 28, 2009

Tri-State Special Operations Command scenario paintball team, partnered with Poco Loco Paintball Park in Schwenksville, PA, is pleased to announce their upcoming production of Red Dawn: A Scenario Paintball Game, on Saturday, March 28th, 2009. Based on the 1984 film of the same name, Red Dawn will pit the invading forces of the mighty Soviet Empire against the embattled yet stalwart defenders of the United States of America.

Entry will be $40, which includes CO2/HPA. Paint will be $65 per case, field paint only. For more information, please visit http://www.tristatespecops.com THERE IS A 200 PLAYER CAP FOR THIS GAME, so register early at http://www.pocolocopaintball.com/scenario.cfm

The game will incorporate unique missions and ways to score in this game. Features such as “Paratrooper” insertions and elite “Wolverine” and “Spetsnaz” special forces will be utilized by each side.

Will the Iron Curtain of the Soviet Union snuff out the light of democracy forever? Or will American determination overcome and repulse the forces of communism? The fate of a nation is in your hands. Don’t miss out, Register now at http://www.pocolocopaintball.com/scenario.cfm

Tri-State Special Operations Command (TSSOC) is a team of highly motivated military-simulation scenario and woodsball players with a common goal to help shape the sport of scenario paintball while improving our team's tactical capability. For more information, please visit http://www.tristatespecops.com
Professor

TSSOC is proud to represent G.I. Sportz
TSSOC.Professor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSSOC.Professor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2009 at 10:01am
Pre-registration is open. https://www.pocolocopaintball.com/forms/scenarioccform.cfm Pre-reg early, because there is a 200 player cap for this game.

More details of the game, like the schedule, are located here http://pocolocopaintball.com/scenario.cfm

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.
Professor

thefletch55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thefletch55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2009 at 2:51pm
hey what felilds are being used at poco? i was trhere in september and was just wondering how the feilds are gonna be set up?
-thefletch55-

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSSOC.Professor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2009 at 7:51am
Thanks for the post, Fletch. All of the fields at PocoLoco will be used for the game. The game map will be released soon.
Professor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSSOC.Professor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2009 at 5:37am
The game play for this scenario is built around one principle: constant action! The objective of Scenario Control is to get as many players as possible out of the dead zones and back into the firefight. To facilitate this, the game will utilize an instant reinsertion system, which has been designed to keep the action high and players on the field and in the game as much as possible. When a player is hit, they will simply make their way to their Command Post, tag up, wipe off the hit, and they are immediately back in the fray.

Also on the field will be two forward insertion areas which the teams can occupy and use for a forward reinsertion zone, which also creates vital strategic positions to be contested. In addition to this fast-paced insertion style, the game will incorporate "Paratrooper" insertions, in which small groups of elite Special Forces can insert deep behind enemy lines, allowing for subterfuge, sabotage, and disruption of enemy reinforcements, providing yet another strategic dimension to the game.

The "Wolverines," a tough and resourceful unit of troops, will be the Special Forces for the Americans, while for the Soviets, the ruthless and highly trained "Spetsnaz" will be called upon to operate behind American lines.

More details soon.
Professor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSSOC.Professor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2009 at 11:13am
Red Dawn Schedule
Saturday, March 28, 2009

7:00 am - Gates Open
7:30 am - Pre-Registration / Registration
9:30 am - Player Briefing
10:00 am - Game Starts
4:30 pm - Game Ends
4:45 pm - Awards Ceremony

***Please get your air filled as soon as possible to ensure maximum fills throughout the day.***
Professor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSSOC.Professor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2009 at 10:41am
Point Structure:
Points will be awarded in three ways: “flag” possession, props, and mission completion.

Five “Flag Stations” (not flag flipping) will be worth points on the 30min/00min marks. They will be a box (a 15’x 15’ marked area) with Tape/Flag hanging high for visibility. Team must have a LIVE player inside the marked areas to obtain the points.

Props will be scattered throughout the field. Some will be mission-related; these are not to be moved under any circumstance unless you are involved in that mission.

Missions will be given every 30 minutes. They will be pre-written and in the possession of the General prior to game-on. Some missions will have multiple parts, some will involve props, and/or special roles. Special roles (engineer, demo, etc…) are ONLY in effect for the duration of the mission in which they were given. Missions will be given to the General or XO at the appropriate time, and a mission referee will be provided if necessary for that mission.
Professor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSSOC.Professor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2009 at 5:59am
We are pleased to announce the generals for this game.

Nyxx of House Solstice will be commanding the Soviets and Spetsnaz.

Jpazz of the WulPak and producer of G-Force games will be commanding the Americans and the Wolverines.
Professor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSSOC.Professor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 11:59am
Staging Area Music Requests

The first official game of paintball was played in 1981. Red Dawn was released in 1984. In honor of the 80s, we will be playing jams from 1980 - 1985 at the staging area.

We would love for you to make music requests, but just know that they may be embraced or ridiculed or surprisingly made unavailable by our DJ. The Reflex by Duran Duran (1984) may be one of my favorite songs, but I would not release that type of information on a public forum unless I knew the repercussions.

For the young guns or those who lived through the 80s in a daze. Here is a list of top ten songs from 1980 - 1985.

1. Call Me - Blondie
2. Celebration - Kool & The Gang
3. Another One Bites the Dust - Queen
4. You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC
5. Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
6. Whip It - Devo
7. Upside Down - Diana Ross
8. Fame - Irene Cara
9. Back In Black - AC/DC
10. (Just Like) Starting Over - John Lennon

1. I Love Rock N Roll - Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
2. Don't You Want Me? - Human League
3. Tainted Love - Soft Cell
4. Super Freak Part I - Rick James
5. Start Me Up - Rolling Stones
6. Bette Davis Eyes - Kim Carnes
7. Endless Love - Diana Ross & Lionel Richie
8. Our Lips Are Sealed - Go-Gos
9. Jessie's Girl - Rick Springfield
10. Physical - Olivia Newton-John

1. Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
2. The Message - Grandmaster Flash & The Furious 5
3. Beat It - Michael Jackson
4. Sexual Healing - Marvin Gaye
5. Planet Rock - Afrika Bambaataa & The Soul Sonic Force
6. Little Red Corvette - Prince
7. Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) - Eurythmics
8. 1999 - Prince
9. Rock the Casbah - Clash
10. Come on Eileen - Dexys Midnight Runners

1. Every Breath You Take - Police
2. Jump - Van Halen
3. Girls Just Want To Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
4. Flashdance...What a Feeling - Irene Cara
5. Holiday - Madonna
6. Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper
7. All Night Long (All Night) - Lionel Richie
8. Rockit - Herbie Hancock
9. Blue Monday - New Order
10. Let's Dance - David Bowie

1. When Doves Cry - Prince
2. Like a Virgin - Madonna
3. What's Love Got To Do With It? - Tina Turner
4. Born In the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
5. Purple Rain - Prince
6. I Want to Know What Love Is - Foreigner
7. Dancing In the Dark - Bruce Springsteen
8. The Boys of Summer - Don Henley
9. Careless Whisper - Wham! feat. George Michael
10. Pride (In the Name of Love) - U2

1. Money For Nothing - Dire Straits
2. Addicted To Love - Robert Palmer
3. We Are the World - U.S.A. for Africa
4. Into the Groove - Madonna
5. Word Up! - Cameo
6. West End Girls '85 - Pet Shop Boys
7. Walk Like An Egyptian - Bangles
8. How Will I Know? - Whitney Houston
9. The Power of Love - Huey Lewis & The News
10. Saving All My Love For You - Whitney Houston

Request away...

Edited by TSSOC.Professor - 24 February 2009 at 5:55am
Professor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSSOC.Professor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2009 at 5:51am
Here are the rules (http://www.tristatespecops.com/reddawn.asp). Please read over them carefully, as there are some variations to what you may encounter at other games. Scoring is explained as well. If you have any questions about the rules and/or scoring, please PM/email/post them.

This post will also summarize the business side of things.

Pre-registration is here (https://www.pocolocopaintball.com/forms ... ccform.cfm) We’re almost halfway sold out a month before the game, so get your pre-registrations in quickly as there is a 200 player cap for this game! We will sell out before game day. $40 for registration and it includes all day air (CO2/HPA). Make sure you get your tanks filled sooner rather than later, to ensure consistent fills. $65 per case, field paint only. The field owner is making sure we get the freshest paint possible.

The waiver is here (https://www.pocolocopaintball.com/forms ... ccform.cfm) Fill it out in advance to save time at registration.

The schedule is here (http://tristatespecops.com/reddawn.asp) We will be starting on time. You have two and a half hours from gates opening until the player’s briefing. We will start on time whether you are ready or not. Remember to get your tanks filled sooner rather than later, to ensure consistent fills.

If you have any questions about anything else, please PM/email/post.

Back to the fun stuff. We've got a music request to play selections of Pink Floyd's The Wall.
Professor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSSOC.Professor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2009 at 9:00am
This just in...here is a "sample" mission to see what you are up against.

Communication: FREE AMERICA COMMAND, Boulder Colorado
Operation Code Name: BROKEN EAGLE

Mission Objective(s):

Greetings Commander,

Current intelligence reports have confirmed that one of our F-15 Eagle Pilots was shot down during a dogfight with Soviet MIG aircraft somewhere near your location. Possible coordinates are A-1, A-2, A-3, or A-4. We lost radio contact over an hour ago and are unable to receive further communication. It is probable that Soviet Intelligence (KGB) has already intercepted his last radio communication and is dispersing its own troops to find and capture our Pilot. He must be returned to your base camp so we may extract him back to FREE AMERICA. More importantly he must NOT, I repeat NOT fall into enemy hands for fear of interrogation. He has intimate knowledge of our weapons system and tactical capabilities. Good luck and Godspeed.

Primary Mission Requirements: 250 Points

· Find Col. Andrew Tanner, USAF and return him to U.S CP alive.
· Possible Grid(s): A-1, A-2, A-3, or A-4
· Time Limit: NONE
· Referee must sign card.

OR...

Secondary Mission Requirements: 50 Points

· Use lethal force on Colonel if already in Soviet hands.
· SHOOT TO KILL!!!
· Do not let him get back to Soviet CP or mission fail.
· Time Limit: NONE
· Referee must sign card
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REFEREE SIGNATURE: ______________________________________X Primary

REFEREE SIGNATURE: ______________________________________X Secondary

All referees for this game are TSSOC members and have been through training and are well aware of the rules and missions.

A larger map is located here http://www.tristatespecops.com/reddawn.asp

THREE WEEKS TO GO!
Professor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSSOC.Professor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2009 at 2:02pm
Thank you to everyone that has pre-registered early. We are almost sold-out!

If you haven't registered yet, please register quickly so you don't get shut out of the game.

Also, PocoLoco Paintball also offers platters of chicken tenders/hamburgers/hotdogs and fries for $7 as well as a-la-carte items and icy cold beverages.

Eight more days until the words, "Boys, avenge me! AVEEEEENGE ME!!!!!!" are heard echoing through the Colorado hills of PocoLoco Paintball.
Professor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSSOC.Professor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2009 at 3:11pm
Can you cross into heavily guarded enemy territory to complete your objective? Will you be able to achieve your objective under a hail of enemy fire? Are you as effective without your marker as you are with it?

The final battle will pit team against team, head to head. It will require strategy, physical prowess and good tactical decision making. Each team will be able to earn the same amount of points as they would for completing 2 missions throughout the day, so there will be no unfair swing in points. This battle can pull victory from the jaws of defeat, but will not offset how hard you have worked to complete missions and earn points all day.

Will you have to sit it out if you are out of paint or air? NO! Will you have to throw a case of paint to be effective or help your team earn points? NO! Will this battle overshadow all the hard work you put in throughout the day? NO! Will this be the most exciting 20 minutes of paintball you play this season? You be the judge!

20 minutes of heart racing, blood pumping paintball action will close the day. Will you be able to face your fears and run the gauntlet to victory?
Professor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSSOC.Professor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 6:04am
One day away! All of TSSOC are excited and we hope you are as well! If there are any last minute questions, please let us know via PM/email/phone, it is much easier to answer them now rather than during the heat of battle and the battles will be epic!

We just uploaded an updated map at http://tristatespecops.com/reddawn.asp with the grid numbers and letters in a larger font for easier readability. (The original maps still work for the game.)

Also, Poco Loco has brought in outside air. Finally, don't forget to stick around for the awards ceremony and prizes at the end of the game. Fewer players means a higher probability that you can win.

Professor

TSSOC Terror View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSSOC Terror Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2009 at 2:10pm

Only four hours left to pre-reg!!!!  Get in now and save $10 off the $50 walk-on price!!!!

TERROR

Proudly sponsored by Tippmann

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSSOC.Professor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 6:01am
Red Dawn photos are up. Go to http://www.tristatespecops.com and click on the gallery. Enjoy!
Professor

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic