Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP! Brand New A5 problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwindom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP! Brand New A5 problem
    Posted: 22 February 2009 at 8:49am
ok, I scoured the forums last night trying to see if anyone had the same problem that I have and no luck, so here's my cry for help!!  I had two of my buddies over last night and they have A5's as well (over a year) and have never seen this before at all.

A5, low profile hopper, HPA (nitrogen), remote coil, HE trigger

ok, so here is what's going on, I'm only getting about 1 out of every 10 shots to actually let a paintball fly, the rest of the time it's just shooting air (the balls are good quality, the same kind they shoot in their guns by the way)...the cyclone is cycling fine, plenty of air pressure (2-3000psi)....I'm going to email Tippmann as well, but don't know how long they will take to respond, so please, if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears!!

thanks!

Chris
Robby_of_PBH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robby_of_PBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2009 at 1:43pm
Your cyclone is cycling you said?  Is the gun making a shooting noise and the paintballs just not coming out or what?
cwindom1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwindom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2009 at 2:24pm
yes, that's exactly what's happening....air will come out the barrel, but no balls...maybe 1 out of 10 balls....I took it buy the local proshop today and he just said "it shouldn't be doing that" and he said he would fix it (at $25 an hour) so of course since it's brand new I'm not going to be paying for any work on it yet....waiting to hear back from tippmann where I emailed them or waiting to see if anyone on here might know something?  the guy at the proshop wasn't very helpful since I wasn't going to pay for him to fix it, but I got the impression that he thougth something's wrong with the Hall Effect trigger, but I'm not sure on that.....thanks, again, any suggestions greatly appreciated!
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2009 at 3:03pm

Well, it wouldn't be a trigger problem if the gun is actually cycling.

Definitly seems like a Cyclone issue, but that doesn't seems likely if it is pretty new.  Strange.

Are you sure your tank is a high-pressure output (850 psi) one?  The Cyclone won't work right if you're using an LP tank (450 psi).  Are you sure the Cyclone is loading balls into the breech?

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2009 at 3:14pm
Keep in mind that "high pressure output" doesn't refer to the max PSI of the tank. You posted your tank puts out 2-3,000 PSI. That would probably cause a catastrophic failure of your maker. That's about how much the tank holds. It most likely puts out only 850 or so PSI, which is the right amount to run a Tippmann. However, like Yomillio said, if you did get a low pressure output tank, which only puts out about 450 PSI, you will have trouble with your marker and Cyclone cycling. Since you said the marker itself was fine, you probably have enough pressure.

Is there some sort of blockage in the hopper or Cyclone that's keeping the paintballs from feeding? If the marker and Cyclone are working fine, I have no idea what it could be...

Edit: Oh, you said you had 2-3K of PSI left. In that case, I'm even less sure. This is strange indeed...

Edited by DeTrevni - 22 February 2009 at 3:16pm
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 12:16am
while it may be new have you watched the cyclone for a few shots in a row.  it sounds like the cyclone will end up being your culprit.  you may want to check the ratchet to meake sure everything is in properly.  also check for air leaks especially with the remote.  you may just not be getting enough pressure to the gun from the line itself.  If that  doesnt work and its new then Tippmann will fix it for you for free.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robby_of_PBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 2:25pm
Well what about the bolt?  There is movement int he chamber right?  I don't know how the bolt would stop working or come disconnected, but it sounds like that could make sense.  If you manually put a ball in it, does it shoot it?  I wouldn't want to pay anymore 25$ an hour, screw that.  How much does it cost from Tippmann anyway?  It shouldn't be anything too bad I wouldn't think, I'd say give it a shot yourself and see what can happen.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 2:32pm
Are you using CO2???  Outside? on a cold day??
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

cwindom1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwindom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 7:51pm
no, shooting nitro, and it was fairly warm weather....~50 degrees or so....
cwindom1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwindom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2009 at 8:49pm
ummm....actually it is something with the bolt.......I'm new at paintball so don't know how stuff should be working on these guns exactly....

but I did pull up a video on you tube to try to see if I could see something about the A-5 bolt....and I noticed that people were cocking their's and it was staying pulled back until the trigger is pulled.....

I pull mine back and it just goes back to orig. position....with or without air....

so any words of advice?  should I tear into it and see if I can fix it or make Tippmann take it back and send another?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robby_of_PBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 9:41am
Wait a sec, whatcha mean then?  So your cocking the gun right, and then the hammer goes forward and hits correct?  That would mean you feel the little kick.  You don't have to recock your gun everytime when you have CO2 on right?  

Look in where your paintballs go, past the cyclone feed.  Look for a little thing moving open whenever you cock the gun.  There's something in there (the bolt) and allows paintballs to go in, and when you pull the trigger after having it cocked, it gives the ball a tiny little boost out the barrel to help the ball get past the ball detent (a little rubber thing to prevent multiple balls from being loaded).  It sounds like it would make sense to be the bolt since CO2 itself I'm not sure has the right force to get the ball over that ball detent.  I'm not sure why the bolt would be missing or not working, but it sounds like it makes sense.  

Personally I'd say you should give it a shot, it's not too bad.  I first started taking my Tippmann 98 apart near when I first started playing.  Without taking it apart I don't think you can fully understand how it works.  Once you understand how it works and what everything does, then you'll be able to fix stuff alot easier.  So I'd say give it a shot, it's not like you'll risk "breaking" the entire gun.  The worst thing that could happen is something not work right when you put it back in, so then you just dissasemble and try again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic