Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Good a5 upgrades under $100

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote southernohiopb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good a5 upgrades under $100
    Posted: 24 February 2009 at 7:34pm
I recently purchased a Tippmann a5. The gun came with a response trigger but other than that it's all stock so far. Just wondering what some of the best uprades for this marker would be that I could get for under $100.
IMPULS3. View Drop Down
Guested

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPULS3. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 7:42pm
Are you looking for performance or cosmetic?
southernohiopb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote southernohiopb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 7:49pm
I am definitly going for performance.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote southernohiopb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 7:51pm
So is this the right place for my question? I'm new to the forums.
Rambino View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 7:53pm

Welcome to the forum.  This thread belongs in Upgrades, and I will move it there.

One of the best upgrades for your A-5 RT can be had for free at Starbucks:  a coffee straw.

Edited by Rambino - 24 February 2009 at 7:54pm
[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/aag8s8.jpg">
IMPULS3. View Drop Down
Guested

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPULS3. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 8:50pm
Not exactly, there is a subforum just under this one that says Upgrades and Customizing. Or you can post in the New Player forum. Don't worry about it, just remember next time.

Anywho. A few things I will recommend is this.

- A compressed air tank: This is different from CO2. It is basically taking regular air and comressing it to 3,000 PSI or 4,500 PSI depending on the tank you buy. This will make your gun more consistent, and will make it last longer. (C02 is a little harder on the marker) You can find some pretty cheap steel tanks out there http://www.actionvillage.com/031-7110

- Barrel: The stock barrel is ok, but a new barrel is a must. Buy anything after market. A good brand is CP (Custom Products). But do not buy a barrel longer than 14 inches. Also tank into account that barrels come with different bore sizes. .680-.693. Buy something around .687-.693. Seeing if you buy to small of a bore, and buy paint that is larger than the barrel. You will have barrel breaks while playing.

These are the first 2 things I would buy before anything else.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote southernohiopb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 9:08pm
Thanks for the help impulse. I've been looking at hpa tanks because of what you said and what I've heard from others. The only thing is that I have no where to fill it unless I go to the nearest field that will fill them which is around 30-40 miles away. I am most likely just going to be playing woodsball for now and will be forced to use co2 unless the local paintball shop will get equipment to fill hpa tanks. Also was whatever Rambino said about the starbucks straw supposed to be funny?
IMPULS3. View Drop Down
Guested

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPULS3. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 9:16pm
I forgot to add that it's a pain to find places to fill HPA,

And I have no idea what rambino meant by the straw thing. I might be  McGyver upgrade you can do, but I have no idea.

Here is a good page that can pretty much answer any question. http://www.tippmann.com/forum/wwf77a/forum_posts.asp?TID=163015

Another http://www.tippmann.com/forum/wwf77a/forum_posts.asp?TID=61929

Edited by IMPULS3. - 24 February 2009 at 9:21pm
Dave82689 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave82689 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 9:17pm
Turn it into a sniper :)
Robby_of_PBH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robby_of_PBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 9:45pm
I think the ramdino dude is talking about using the straw mod with the RT.
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 9:47pm
well you should be fine with CO2.  the RT and CO2 are very good together due to the CO2 being such a high pressure.  HPA is nice but it is not necessarily needed.  The barrel on the other hand is a must.  I swear by 2 brands, J&J and Lapco.  I own and use both and both are very accurate, inexpensive, and can take a beating.  The Lapco is louder and both are equal in performance so far for me.  Also a good comfortable antifog mask is a hgh ranking must have.  I use Vforce usually so I recommend that.  the lens is easy to change and they are very comfy.  I played in a 26 hour scenario game (played about 21 hours with  5 hour sleep break lol) and I didnt feel chaffing or rubbing at all.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote southernohiopb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2009 at 10:38pm
Ok I'll probably look into the mask your talking about. What is this straw mod that he's talking about?
Parts Tech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parts Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2009 at 10:51am
I'll give you my top three:

Cyclone Hopper
APP Off set Cyclone hopper.  This lets you see down the site.
Lapco Bigshot
Lapco Bigshot barrel.  Always been my favorite.  These look good and shot great.

and last:
Tect Vortex

because I hate it when my cyclone breaks.

Tech at TippmannParts.com
We do everything Tippmann
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2009 at 11:35am
Back when I had my A5, people always wanted a Madman springs kit. I don't remember much about them except that they were cheap.
I would definitely look at a CP/Lapco/JJ barrel. I love my CP 2 piece.

Use your money to play with it, that's most important. You can see what YOU don't like about it, and even if you will be keeping it for a while. I loved my A5 at first, but I got rid of it a year later.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
duval7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duval7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 4:19pm
I would say the first mod should be the vortex mod. Its a reliablity mod and allows for more BPS if you want to get an egrip down the road.  Next would be the flatline. I know alot of people don't like it but mine works great and i love the extra distance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic