Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

!!!Get a Hammerhead Barrel or a J&J!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: !!!Get a Hammerhead Barrel or a J&J!!
    Posted: 06 March 2009 at 7:24pm
I have a tippmann 98 custom Pro and I want to get a different barrel of it. I have been reading reviews on the hammerhead battle stix and the J&J ceramic barrel. The battle stix barrel is high in price but they say it works great and the J&J one is cheaper but works really good to I was just wondering what your guys thoughts are on bewteen them two barrels?
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2009 at 9:22pm
You have two topics in two categories for the same thing. lol

Use the search button, there are tons of similar topics.
That being said I use two barrels. Battlestikxx, and Tippmann Sniper 14"
J&J is very nice too.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2009 at 10:17pm
Watch the double posts. They're a no-no in these parts of the interweb. That being said, check your OTHER thread for my answer.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
duarte01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duarte01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2009 at 9:51am
I just got a J&J, it works great, i had an apex and the J&J is by far way better. Never used a hammerhead so i cant say anything about it!!!
A5 W/e-grip
Xpansion chamber
Stock
j&j/Apex barrel
Tech T cyclone upgdr
98 CustomPro
Cyclone Feed
Apex/J&J Barrel
Response trig
X-Chamber
Stock
Drop Foward
Superfly bolt
Squis
Robby_of_PBH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robby_of_PBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2009 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by duarte01 duarte01 wrote:

I just got a J&J, it works great, i had an apex and the J&J is by far way better. Never used a hammerhead so i cant say anything about it!!!

Have you ever used the Apex tip ON the J&J?  I just did that with mine, have yet to use it in battle, but from testing it's a pretty wicked combo.
duarte01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duarte01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2009 at 6:10pm
I havent used the APEX tip on the J&J, i didnt even know J&J made a barrel that would fit the APEX tip, i know Lapco makes a barrel called the Big Shot that fits the APex tip....... Is there a J&J barrel that fits the apex tip??
A5 W/e-grip
Xpansion chamber
Stock
j&j/Apex barrel
Tech T cyclone upgdr
98 CustomPro
Cyclone Feed
Apex/J&J Barrel
Response trig
X-Chamber
Stock
Drop Foward
Superfly bolt
Squis
Robby_of_PBH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robby_of_PBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2009 at 9:17pm
You can mod it to fit on the end.  I just took some masking tape and taped the orings in the same spot and used the masking tape to add the extra little space.  Believe it or not it worked perfect, just as sterdy and well working as the real thing.
vans81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vans81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 2:25pm

what you think which is best J&J performance 1 piece ceramic or J&J full tilt barrel? is it same method or different?

thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2009 at 3:45pm
for the price you would pay for a Hammerhead you could get the J&J kit and hae some money left over.  it will give the same match as the hammerhead and will be very accurate with alot less riding on the price tag.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic