Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How 2: Install E-Grip on Alpha Black Basic or Tac.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
danno52000 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danno52000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How 2: Install E-Grip on Alpha Black Basic or Tac.
    Posted: 27 March 2020 at 4:32pm
awesome job!
lordofthewraith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lordofthewraith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2012 at 1:31pm
I installed my E-grip but I seem to have a problem with the battery. It sticks out far enough from the handle that it causes the two halves of the grips to close together. Any thoughts or help?
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2012 at 9:05pm
You bought the wrong kit. the MK98 kit is for the model 98. You wanted the MKV kit.
firemanbif View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firemanbif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2012 at 5:49pm
Ok so I bought the Tacamo MK98 kit for my alpha black. I am switching the egrip into it and the actuator rod is too long. I need to cut. But its about an inch off. Anyone know a good way to do this? It seems to be a pretty hard aluminum
ldsguy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ldsguy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 8:13pm
i guess my question is "why exactly won't it work"

i bought it off of craigslist for $40 (its in the grip form). will it not work if i just disassemble it, take all the electronics out, and reinstall it into my 98 custom? it looks like it will fit, but i don't want to mess it up.
ldsguy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ldsguy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 7:30pm
well that sucks. i took it apart and looked at the stuff. it looks right, but maybe too small?

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by ldsguy1 ldsguy1 wrote:

HELP!!

i accidently bought a Tippmann A-5 e-grip without realizing it. is there some way i can take out the parts in order for it to work on my Tippmann 98 Custom? please help!!!!!!
No.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
ldsguy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ldsguy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2012 at 6:56pm
HELP!!

i accidently bought a Tippmann A-5 e-grip without realizing it. is there some way i can take out the parts in order for it to work on my Tippmann 98 Custom? please help!!!!!!
headshot611 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote headshot611 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2011 at 7:20pm
does it matter what type of battery you use?
Chrisantoni3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrisantoni3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 4:15pm
Yeah I would also like to know this because i was considering to buy the etrigger for my Salvo
If your not bleeding at the end of a paintball game, your not playing hard enough.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by hulskin hulskin wrote:

the same trigger I can use it in a bravo one tactical?

Dead
Yes.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
hulskin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2010 at 1:27pm
the same trigger I can use it in a bravo one tactical?

Dead
j0v1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j0v1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2010 at 5:27pm
Can Tell me how to install a response trigger on a 98 custom? PLz Thanks lol

TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2010 at 10:05pm
I have 20 capacitors. PM me your address and I'll send you one. Wink
hardkore_360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hardkore_360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2010 at 9:27pm
I used a flat head screw driver on the corners and just tapped it with my hand and it pops right out, the metal is already indented so its pretty easy to come off in 1 big piece. I then just lightly hand sanded the cut out on the marker to smooth it out and make it too many pretties :-)

Hope that helps.

hardkore_360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hardkore_360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2010 at 9:24pm
Hi there, New to the forums and just wand to ask a quick question, could you measure the capacitor when you open up your marker for cleanup or if you already have an extra e-trigger handy and out of the marker?
Capacitor unfortunately busted up and need to replace, HOWEVER im not at home at the moment and left my notes in my apartment. Wanna buy online and install when I get home ASAP.

Thanks!

Length and thickness should do, found two possible candidates but dont wanna buy the one that is too large.

atver13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atver13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2009 at 9:12pm
how did you cut out the piece for the battery?
greengoblin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengoblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2009 at 3:27pm
Thanks for the help.  The instructions that come with the e grip are not all that great.  I couldn't get it to fire correctly until this post.  Thanks now it fires perfect.
UnitedSeal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnitedSeal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2009 at 12:14pm
Does this apply for the Army Project Salvo ?
alphablack View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Constant wrong section posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphablack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 5:35pm
this would have been nice a while ago i fryed my the first time
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic