Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

why it is freezing????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: why it is freezing????
    Posted: 20 April 2009 at 11:51am
One of the best and least expensive expansion chambers out there is the DOP X-Core 8-Stage.  I have them on two of my markers and they work great!

Edited by StormyKnight - 20 April 2009 at 11:52am
havoc1482 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote havoc1482 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2009 at 11:52pm
i have RAP4s M4 Carbine (A5) Exp Chamber, works well, (Tho its not to scale w/ a real magazine a little smaller) and it also has cheap little plastic tubes that come with it, over than that its a good buy.
ctchofday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 language strike, 2/28/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctchofday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2009 at 11:54pm
the faster you fire, the faster you are releasing Co2 which as oldpbnoob said absorbd heat to expand and "freezes" anything it touchs, therefore the faster you freeze the gun.

shoot slow... the gun has time to warm up and not freeze
shoot fast (as with an egrip) and the gun will not be able to warm up as well after each shot
Xbl:PhantomReign97

'99 Snpr II, ½d Karni, E-Orracle, 2k4 Spstk, 2k5 Prstk, PMR SE, A5, 98
Robby_of_PBH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robby_of_PBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2009 at 10:44am
He told you your CO2 is too cold??  I hope he didn't mean that it was put in too cold and that he only meant the weather, or else that's like saying the ice cubes placed in my drink are "too cold".  lol.

But anyway FAT HEAD (lol), I think oldpbnoob covered it pretty well.  If your playing in warm weather and can't stop your gun from freezing up or getting really cold, just look into getting an expansion chamber or remote line, that should help fix the problem and their not too much money.
minitrob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minitrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 2:46pm
some times the caps lock button gets stuck because i had friend spill some honey on some of the keys. so i am sorry about that.  
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 2:40pm
Stop yelling at us please. And the guy where you got your CO2 is a tool and apparently has no idea what he is talking about.
minitrob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minitrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2009 at 2:35pm
I HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN  WITH A PAINTBALL MARKER BEFORE I GOT MY TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM PLATINUM SERIES. I FOUND OUT THAT IT WAS BECAUSE THE CO2 WAS TOO COLD. THE GUY WERE I GOT THE CO2 TOLD ME THAT. 
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2009 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Using an expansion chamber, remote line or a stabilizer such as a Palmers will provide a place for the CO2 to absorb heat and help it expand. 

Various places I use to buy upgrades:

Ebay
www.tippmannparts.com
www.paintball-discounters.com
www.actionvillage.com
www.rap4.com
www.opsgear.com

Good luck.
FAT HEAD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FAT HEAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2009 at 3:23pm
yea sorry im new to this whole thing..not paintball but the forums...so is that what an expansion chamber is made for???and about how much are the cheap one?i dont really want another grip on my gun what are sum other mods that do the same thing????thanx again i thought maybe sumthin was wrong cuz its not freezing but more like really cold
FAT HEAD
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2009 at 1:49pm
First off, you may want to post such questions as this is the "New Players Section" . With that said, I will notify a mod to have them move it.

Secondly, CO2 is in a liquid state when it is in the bottle. As it leaves the tank, it absorbs heat, changes into a gas and expands. This expansion is the pressure that runs your marker. In it's liquid form, CO2 is very cold and if not given the time to expand, will freeze things it makes contact with. Using an expansion chamber, remote line or a stabilizer such as a Palmers will provide a place for the CO2 to absorb heat and help it expand.

Not the best Mr. Wizard explanation, but hopefully it helps.
FAT HEAD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FAT HEAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2009 at 1:18pm
my gun get frosty prettty kwik i run co2 and have an egip on my a5 and even in worm weather it gets frosty..neone know why???
FAT HEAD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic