Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Medical Marijuana

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 20>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Originally posted by Linus Linus wrote:

2) The point of drinking is not to get drunk, but to get buzzed. You can't get buzzed on marijuana. You're either high or you're not.

There were many many points you used that discredited you, but I chose to go with this one. You clearly just don't know what you're talking about Linus.

Seeing as it's just as illegal to be drunk as it is to be high, I'd like to see that.

Benjichang View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 3:56pm
Since when is it illegal to be drunk?

irc.esper.net
#paintball
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Public intoxication.

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 4:08pm

Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Public intoxication.

LOL

This is easily the most entertaining thread on this forum in a long, long time.

LOL
choopie911 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 4:11pm

2) The point of drinking is not to get drunk, but to get buzzed. You can't get buzzed on marijuana. You're either high or you're not.

There were many many points you used that discredited you, but I chose to go with this one. You clearly just don't know what you're talking about Linus.

Seeing as it's just as illegal to be drunk as it is to be high, I'd like to see that.

My point was with the bolded part. It made me laugh.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 4:14pm
Choopie, you said you can use many points to discredit me.

Go ahead, it worked so well for you in the police abuse topic a few weeks ago.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 4:16pm
No I said you discredited yourself.
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 4:26pm
Lets see;

I never said alcohol didn't have it's own problems.

I never said there weren't any good aspects to marijuana.

I never said other drugs were saints either.

I never said marijuana should be completely and utterly 100% outlawed.

2 threads now, you're arguing with me on something just because you can. Yeah... I'm the discredited one.

Destruction View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Destruction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 4:37pm
Yes, actually, you CAN get buzzed on marijuana. You want to know how? By smoking a small amount, just like how you can get buzzed on alcohol by drinking a small amount. Simple as that.

Edit: Maybe someone could clear this up for me. Are we bein lied tah or wat?

Edited by Destruction - 26 March 2009 at 4:39pm
u dont know what to do ur getting mottor boatted

Men are from Magmar, women are from Venusaur.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 4:44pm
I'm not arguing with you, I said that you discredited yourself, and it made me laugh. I laughed at you because of some silly things you said, thats all :)
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Destruction Destruction wrote:

Yes, actually, you CAN get buzzed on marijuana. You want to know how? By smoking a small amount, just like how you can get buzzed on alcohol by drinking a small amount. Simple as that.

Going by textbook definitions here, as that's what the forum always does until semantics gets called in to play;

High = euphoria. Buzz = slight intoxication. I have yet to see or hear anyone get slightly intoxicated on marijuana. You either have the euphoric feeling or you do not.

Now, throw semantics and slang into the picture, then yes, marijuana can "buzz you" just as well as alcohol can get you "high", but again, slang =/= what I was speaking of.

But, even if you disagree with the wording in that one sentence, that doesn't discredit or change a single thing in the rest of the post.

And again, Choop, point out said discrediting phrases. If you're going to cite them, might as well prove it.

Edited by Linus - 26 March 2009 at 4:46pm

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 4:49pm

High = euphoria. Buzz = slight intoxication. I have yet to see or hear anyone get slightly intoxicated on marijuana. You either have the euphoric feeling or you do not.

And again, Choop, point out said discrediting phrases. If you're going to cite them, might as well prove it.

Well I didn't have to look far did I Linus? I can tell you again you're WAY off on that statement.
oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 4:53pm
EVERYDAY
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 4:55pm

Well I didn't have to look far did I Linus? I can tell you again you're WAY off on that statement.

This is the thing about you chewp; You never make an attempt to prove why you're right or why someone else is wrong.

I'd actually pay attention to you if you used as much effort at proving me wrong as you did at saying I'm wrong, but not showing why other than a quote and "See right there".

Let me put the phrase in question in another form; When it comes to money, you either have it or you don't. There is no inbetween. You can't "kind of have money"

Edited by Linus - 26 March 2009 at 4:56pm

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 5:03pm
Sorry, I just thought it would be common sense that marijuana doesn't work like a lightswitch. It's not like you're sober, or you're high as a kite making 5 layer sandwiches. You can very well be "buzzed" by simply ingesting less, like every substance. As someone else said, think of alcohol. You want less of an effect, you ingest less. Same goes for marijuana. And you also said that 1 can of beer does nothing, 1 joint makes you high. Yes, for some people. For some people they can smoke a joint and be buzzed, just like some super lightweight drinkers, or those that react negatively to alcohol will feel a buzz MUCH faster than those with a higher tolerance for alcohol.

Sorry for not having a link to copy and paste here, this is just going from all of the smokers I've known, talked to, hung out with, times I partook, etc.
new jersey View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language, 2/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new jersey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 5:43pm
I wonder if Linus can ever post without the whole forum argueing with him.
Benjichang View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by oreomann33 oreomann33 wrote:

EVERYDAY

irc.esper.net
#paintball
TheWrAith View Drop Down
Strike one, swearing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheWrAith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 5:49pm
< Is surprised this thread got this far this quick...

Also did anyone click my link? he made some good points in the interview...

Sounds like a few people here need to spark something up after a stressful day...

<loves how we talk about "Everything" on this forum...
Black*1* then*1* White Are*2* All I see*3* in my infancy*5* red and yellow then came to be*8* reaching out to me*5* lets me see*3*
Swing on the Spiral=
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 5:56pm
Linus is going to be the kind of cop that you hear about on the news who beat up a six year old girl for spitting on him.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2009 at 5:57pm
You know FE, there is evidence showing Jesus used cannabis extract as a part of his healing process.

Selective morality indeed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 20>
  Share Topic