Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

tippmann 98 not working. please help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GOMEZ15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tippmann 98 not working. please help
    Posted: 02 April 2009 at 7:09pm
my Tippmann 98 custom has a response trigger, a expansion chamber, and a cyclone feed.

i recently took it apart, (i found my earlier problem of it not cocking back all the way. a stretched o-ring on the rear bolt )

i found while repairing my first problem, that the section of the bolt where the banjo T screws in was cracked. i super glued the crack.(not the best idea). i think this is my problem for my response trigger and cyclone feed not working... on no air in my tank ( or not enough air). i have another bolt capable of an adaption of a response trigger. i have a question. how do i replace the bolt? the parts in the original bolt seem to be glued in. can someone tell me how to get the bolt parts into the new one? thanks for taking the time to read through my cry for help with whatever gramer or punctuation errors i may have.

Edited by GOMEZ15 - 03 April 2009 at 2:43pm
FORUM snowboarding
FarSeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarSeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2009 at 1:41am
When you say "bolt" do you mean "powertube?" The valve inside shouldn't be glued in, but the braided steel hose has loctite on it which requires excessive force or heat above 325* (i think) to remove it. Then just push out the valve.
GOMEZ15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GOMEZ15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2009 at 10:43am
thanks, i think i fixed my problem. i just need co2 to test it.
FORUM snowboarding
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic