Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

May 23rd. An Amazing Day...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SRT-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: May 23rd. An Amazing Day...
    Posted: 28 May 2009 at 3:22am
Background:
On May 23rd, I woke up, and decided that I was going to sell my Strange Shocker, and listed it at the ridiculous price of 550.00. I post a thread, and go out to meet my brother for lunch. I come home, and some one says they'll take it for the full price. Ten minutes later, I have give or take 550.00 in my Paypal account. I then decide to post a WTB thread on PBNation, saying that I have 500.00 to spend on a Vice. 15 minutes later, a local MN paintballer that I've met at the field once or twice as an aqquaintance calls me and says that he is quitting due to a major back injury, and that he has what I'm looking for, a gloss black Vice for 500.00, used in one tournament. After quickly talking things over, I tell him I only have 482.00 because I just paid for the iPhone 3G bill. He says not to worry about it, because he needs money for his bike project. In less than 1 hour, my Shocker sells, and I buy a Vice. Fast forward two days, and I receive a Vice in the mail. Being the nice guy he was, he included the 4CS eyes, and some extra o-rings and what not. At 482.00 for a nearly brand new Vice, I would say it was a steal. Big smile

Pictures:
Here are some pictures from today taken on my Canon Rebel XT.  Wink

My current setup is comprised of:

2008 Bob Long Vice
- 10 BPS Flash
- Stock other than 4CS

Viewloader XSV Vlocity
- Code Battery Pack
- Gangstar V2 Chip
- Virtue Crown
- Cut and Shaved Feedneck

PMI 72/45 Tank
- Guerrilla Air Myth Regulator with Micro Myth Fill Nipple and Gauge
- NXE Tank Cover

Future Plans:
The Vice is already amazing as it is, I would get an LP poppit, but I don't care enough to spend money on one. The stock board is fine, and most of the gun is already top knotch. I don't see a need to upgrade to an OLED, I'm going to keep it as it is, with mostly factory parts. The only plans I have are to make a faux Ego style bolt pin, and get a black Bob Long Gear Drive ASA.

Closing:
Enjoy, guys! Comments are appreciated! 

- Stephen

Edited by SRT-4 - 28 May 2009 at 3:34am
xbeaverx16x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xbeaverx16x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 11:30am
that is a very nice find, i like what it looks like, now only if i had $500 to spend on a vice, or anything of that style i would love to buy a good gun like that
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 4:24pm
nice, a vice is on my list of guns i'd like to own eventually.
DzXs View Drop Down

2 strike, language, 1/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DzXs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2009 at 5:29pm
my freind bought one a few weeks ago for 640 shipped bnib then i had to 1up him n get my geo...
Robot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 7:56pm
If anyone'd like to answer this(or give me some direction). What exactly is a Vice and why would it be any more desirable than a shocker? Btw, nice gun thar.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2009 at 9:52pm
Nice looking gun. I'll own a BL gun someday.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1: Taunting Mods on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2009 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Robot Robot wrote:

If anyone'd like to answer this(or give me some direction). What exactly is a Vice and why would it be any more desirable than a shocker? Btw, nice gun thar.

Vice is the latest incarnation of the Intimidator.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic