Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

tippmann a5 stock thread

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OceansAreGraves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tippmann a5 stock thread
    Posted: 03 June 2009 at 1:47pm
Ok so i bought my a5 from a dude and it came with the flatline. BUT it didnt come with the stock thread. Liek the adapter that come son it when you originally buy it. So i bought an adapter on ebay from a trusted seller. When i put in the adapter it appeared VERY loose. I even unscrewed the two screws above and below the barrel and then screwed them in tightly and no use. When i have the adapter and a barrel on it its wobbly, like out of control wobbly. My question is, is there something im missing? Or is there a way i can make it tighter. I plan on getting a 3 inch barrel so i kinda need this adapter to work out. Any suggestions?
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2009 at 6:09pm
I havent looked inside an A5 for a while but is it missing an o-ring?
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2009 at 6:30pm

There is an O-ring that fits inside the adapter. It helps keep the barrels from unscrewing. Make sure you have the barrel adapter in correctly. The typical way to remove it is to loosen the two receiver screws, twist the barrel and adapter counterclockwise and pull it out. If you are putting it back in, make sure you are pushing it in, turning it clockwise until it locks into place and then tighten the receiver screws back. If you have done this and it is still loose A) make sure the adapter was new. If it was used, it could have worn down.B) make sure the receiver halves aren't worn down from removing the adapter. In either instance, if you are installing it correctly and the receiver halves are worn, electrical tape or black hockey tape can help take up the slack.

OceansAreGraves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OceansAreGraves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2009 at 12:09am
OOOO there's an O-ring on the adapter thats prbly it for sure about to go check right now

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OceansAreGraves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2009 at 10:59am
ok well i put an o-ring on it and it wouldnt even fit in the gun itself. But i got an idea so i'll tell ya if it works
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2009 at 11:27am
Is it the correct size o-ring?
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2009 at 11:38am
the o-ring is inside the adapter, not outside.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OceansAreGraves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2009 at 12:35pm
ok so still no luck with it. But im gonna post a video l8r 2day to show exactly what my problem is
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic