Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Project Salvo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Banned - Swearing/idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spidey667 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Project Salvo
    Posted: 12 June 2009 at 12:08am
Im planning on the salvo being my first marker.....but im still not sure
so far ppl have said that its not that great and its just a way for tippmann to get new ppl intrested...because of the price
i plan on playing woodsball ive used my friends marker a few times and i just dont feel a need to spray a whole lotta paint
im telling u this so u have an idea of what i wanna use it for
basicly im asking if anybody has any real information on the marker
i know its pretty much new.....and thats about it
i just dont wanna buy and have to deal with it  sucking
when i can just spend some more cash and not get a decent gun
and yeah i know i could spend hundreds of dollors and get the "SHXT" marker
but as a newb i dont think it makes much difference

Edited by Spidey667 - 12 June 2009 at 2:33am
ammolord View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Started from the botttom, not there yet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2009 at 12:37am
the slavo is basicly a fancy 98 custom, so it should be a very solid, very reliable marker.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2009 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Spidey667 Spidey667 wrote:

so far ppl have said that its not that great and its just a way for tippmann to get new ppl intrested...because of the price

Does not compute. What, would you rather NOT have a good deal for your money?

The Alpha Black/Project Salvo use 98 custom internals, so its a proven design. So basically you get a 98 custom with tons of rails and a stock for...The same price basically.

Dont listen to stupid people Wink
ammolord View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Started from the botttom, not there yet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2009 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Dont listen to stupid people Wink

best advice you can ever get.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
nochaz01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nochaz01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2009 at 4:34pm
I honestly think the alpha is a much better looking gun but if you like the Salvo then how can I judge that? They will both perform pretty much the same depending on the variables. It seems like the Salvo is the ultimate scenario marker but I would still rather keep it light with the 98 or alpha. You should look into the 98 if you are considering the salvo, it all depends on what you want.
DStage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DStage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2009 at 11:18am
I would say go for it... The salvo is already a great looking marker and its made by tippmann so you know it is good.  It is an amazing deal pricewise.  Look at it this way... If you bought an A5, X7, or a 98C you might tell yourself that you arn't going to upgrade it but before you know it you will have $100+ of parts stuck into it and wonder where all your money went.  For how it sounds like you plan on using it you don't realy need anything big or fancy that shoots fast, just buy it and have some fun.
Welcome to DStages House o'PAIN!!
NickVanDick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickVanDick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2009 at 11:41am
I wish when i bought my 98 that they Alpha Black had been out. But it wasnt. All of the money i put into my 98 is all in the Alpha Black, except for the cyclone. I wasted money...
DStage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DStage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2009 at 10:01pm
Same here... I wanted the M4 look for my M98 so I put about $130 worth of parts onto it.  That is about what the alpha black cost right now... makes me sad...
Welcome to DStages House o'PAIN!!
Spidey667 View Drop Down
Banned - Swearing/idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spidey667 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2009 at 12:17am
thanks for the advice guys

tipmn lvr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tipmn lvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2009 at 12:04pm

he is right pretty much all it is is a 98 with a few upgrades and a new body. i have the 98 and it is a great gun and i highly recomend it. just orderd the salvo i will post about it soon.

Spidey667 View Drop Down
Banned - Swearing/idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spidey667 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 1:22am
awesome...i got my salvo about 3 days ago
i didnt post anything about cause its my first marker
so any type of review i would give would be worthless...i look forward to ur review though :)

Scholeno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scholeno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2009 at 2:24pm
I personally like the salvo better than the alpha black because it has the rails for more modifications
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 10:25pm
Project Salvo can accept the RT upgrade as well. So while having more rails you also have more ways that you can personalize the marker to better suits your playing style and needs.
hypnotoad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hypnotoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 11:36pm
Lots of great pictures of the Tippmann Project Salvo here:

http://paintballjunkys.com/projects.html

and a slide show:

http://paintballjunkys.com/gallery.html

Any good reviews on this gun?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic