Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X7 + Co2 = Good Idea???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XwoodsballerX7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X7 + Co2 = Good Idea???
    Posted: 13 June 2009 at 12:56am
i recently was in my local paintball shop to have a tank hydro tested. from talking with the guy at the store he stated that due to the "valves on tippmann guns, it is better to run co2" i'm just wondering if this is true because i want my x7 to last a long time. thanks in advance for the help.Smile
NickVanDick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickVanDick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2009 at 10:01am
I wouldnt believe that.

HPA runs a lot better. It wont freeze the inside of your gun like Co2 will.

Co2 works great if you have an expansion chamber. Its hot out. Or your gun likes it a lot.
If it is cold outside. The Co2 doesnt expand into the gas likes its supposed to very well. Causing liquid co2 to get into your gun. Thats where an expansion chamber comes in. It allows the Co2 to expand. There for not letting liquid get into your gun. If you are rapid firing a lot. i.e. E-Trigger or something. I would recomend HPA not Co2. for the same reason.

All in all. HPA is a lot better.

I say this but i am still using Co2 beause i am too cheap to invest in an HPA tank. Ermm
XwoodsballerX7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XwoodsballerX7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2009 at 2:38pm
thanks for the heads up  i got the gun about a month and a half ago, it got an e-trigger, and all that jazz so im probably gonna stick with the hydro...thanks for the advice
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 5:14pm
Its nonsense. Old Tippmanns like the SMG and 68 Special required a siphon co2 tank, but a modern Tippmann will shoot just fine on either power source.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic