Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TPX First Strike Conversion Kit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbensey0077 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TPX First Strike Conversion Kit
    Posted: 27 June 2009 at 5:54pm

Everbody knows the Tippmann TPX pistol.  But Tiberius Arms mad a paintbullet called the First Strike.  To shoot these, it has to be muzzle loaded, but i think they should make a connversion kit for the TPX.  Leave your comments. 

NickVanDick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickVanDick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2009 at 8:07pm
Not a bad idea i guess. but those First Strike's are expensive. And from what i have heard is the TPX shoot really accurately as it is.
new jersey View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language, 2/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new jersey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2009 at 1:29am
Probably some form of copright infringement will prevent it, as well as some design complications
brock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2009 at 8:25am
ugh im just waiting for upgrades. I FINALLY got a pistol and wanna mod it up,.. but,... no shrouds,.. no stocks,. no rails ...

frustrated incorporated....

Edited by brock - 05 July 2009 at 8:32am
p shooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2009 at 11:22pm

1st strike has an extra 200ft of range so its more than just accuracy,,,,, a conversion kit would be cool

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 1:24am
200 feet? you realize what you're saying right?

There are so many physics limitations on those first strike rounds.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 11:49am
Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

Not to mention practical limitations. There's enough 'wrong' with the idea of them that I won't look into using them any time soon. They're great for people who get all pants happy over something like a 'real bullet' but they're just so completely impractical right now.

?

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

Not to mention practical limitations. There's enough 'wrong' with the idea of them that I won't look into using them any time soon. They're great for people who get all pants happy over something like a 'real bullet' but they're just so completely impractical right now.

Kinda curious about the physics limitations mentioned. I watched the vid by Tiberius and honestly was pretty impressed. As for practicality, for rec play, they may not have a lot of use, but for scenario play, I can see a fair amount of uses for them. Unfortunately, I probably won't be purchasing any anytime soon unless just to do some bench testing. But at approx. .75/round, they won't be getting rich off of me.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 6:31pm
I'm referring to the drag, and added weight of the first strike part. What do you have to chrono these at for them to be safe against a mask? Since they have added weight from the back part.

Not to mention the drag associated with the fins. I have a Tiberius, and I also don't see how these can actually be loaded into the mags.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 6:46pm
From my understanding, they are very near the same weight as a standard paintball. I think you need a conversion for teh Tib. I know they released or are releasing very soon a T4 which is first strike ready.

I will say that in the vid that I saw there was no FPS statement. I did see another one, but can't seem to find the link where a guy was putting them in what I believe was a pump Cocker. He was chronoing them at 280-290 if I remember correctly.  
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 7:28pm
did he get an extra 200 feet out of them?

I really want to buy a tube, just to compare to regular paintball.

Edited by The Guy - 06 July 2009 at 7:29pm
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 7:34pm

I found the other video. It was TechPB. I can't link the video because he says a naughty word.. Also has a video about whether they hurt or not.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 06 July 2009 at 7:52pm
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2009 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

I do not get "pants happy" over the idea of something like a "real bullet" for paintball.  (I get "pants happy" over pretty much all new paintball gadgets in general.)

I swapped my T8 for a stripped down version of the T9 kit (basic rifle w/o the lights, lasers, bipods, etc that comes with it as these had been sold off of it separately) that was at my local paintball store.  I added an X7 G36 sight rail (which looks quite nice on it despite the cut out for the hopper) and stuck a red dot I had setting around on it.  I am waiting for the conversion kit to come in.

I made this decision based on the advice of some friends who got to test one at a recent big game and made an immediate purchase.  In their hands-on testing the First Strike rounds fired at 250 fps were equaling the range/accuracy of a standard marker/barrel fired at 280 fps.  They stated that they allowed engagement of man-sized targets at farther ranges than normal barrels with more accuracy than backspin barrels.  I trust these guys so I was intrigued enough to give it a try.

Once I get it all together and mess with it a bit I will post the results.  I don't think I would want to use such a set up as my primary marker because it would take some of the fun/excitement out of the game for me if they turn out to work exactly as promised.  However, they would be good for the days when my back or knee interfered with my ability to be as tactical as I would like.

Not to mention the drag associated with the fins. I have a Tiberius, and I also don't see how these can actually be loaded into the mags.

My understanding is that the conversion kit comes with a different magazine just for these rounds and a new bolt as well (in addition to the different barrel).
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 2:07am
maybe i'll look into it for my T9, Right after I give it an urban camo ano job.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

My understanding is that the conversion kit comes with a different magazine just for these rounds and a new bolt as well (in addition to the different barrel).

Looks like as Mack said, barrel, bolt and mag. Need to forward to my brother to see if he gets happy pants.
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2009 at 2:42pm
I assume the TPX hammerhead barrel would work, wouldn't it?
So a different mag and breach should do it. Though I wouldn't
spend the money on it.

I tried my Apex on the TPX. You could shoot it all day as your primary
and have a fair bit of fun. Total cost, a J&J barrel to cut and machine.

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2009 at 2:44pm

OOOOO, I am Necroposting. lol. But for good reason:::

Mack, did you ever get the kit and install it? What were your results?
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2009 at 4:51pm
Hasn't come in yet.  Asking about it will be top of my list when I visit the store later this week.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 10:13pm

still nothing eh?

A team i play with is sponsored by Tiberius, and they are also all certified techs now. We talked a lot about them a lot at the Tippmann Challenge. I am all for them except for the price.

The rounds are poly-styrene instead of gelatin, ans only the front half is filled with paint. If you hit netting or something with them, you can actually pick them up and re-use them. A sharp impact will break them as usual, but they dont' deform from moisture. They break down by sun exposure, rather than water.

I would probly go all the way and convert my Tiberius 9 over to First strike, if they were't $1.25 per round. Thats almost $4 just to chrono. If they bring the price down, I could see more people switching over to them, but not like this.

As far as getting back on topic. A pistol firing these would be impractical because of the rainge associated with a pistol. With the range of a first strike, it works best in a suppported or braced (steadied) position. Such as being prone, or using a bi-pod. Unless you can fire a pistol that accuratly, using these round in a pistol would be wasted. Unless you put a stock on it.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 10:44pm
Still nothing, I was in the shop Thursday and he's giving them a holler on the order for me.  You make a good point about them not deforming.  A friend of mine with a Tib-9 was using these at the last D-day.  The (standard) paint in his longbow magazine turned into a gooey mess but the First Strike rounds remained viable.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic