Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann 98 Rental vs. Custom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 12:40am
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Personally, if you feel that you paid for a non-rental Tippmann, I would return it and get what you ordered. Perhaps that deal wasnt as good as it seemed.

QFT
Spidey667 View Drop Down
Banned - Swearing/idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spidey667 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2009 at 1:57am
I was just going to say that mack...either way man....u thought u were buying a custom 98 and instead u got somthing that looks exactly like a custom but just sys rental...if it was me...i would send it back just to be safe so incase there r any problem i can tell them exactly what gun i have.........
i think it would also be easier to find parts for it too...

anyways im new too and i also got a lot of help from......... paintballtechpb .............  (just type that in YOUTUBE)

also and a online store i used was actionvillage.com
they had my stuff shipped to me exactly the day they said it would :) 
they pretty much have everything

also what kind of paintball r u planning on playing
woodsball???

U should really look at that guy on youtube he helped tremendously
also since u already have ur marker
look at the NEW PLAYER FORUM
and read
PAINTBALL  101 BASIC INFO
will anwer many of ur questions
ans sum u havnt even thought of :)
It helped me

Edited by Spidey667 - 07 July 2009 at 2:00am
Tubb-A-Lub View Drop Down
Stike 1 - Language, 7/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tubb-A-Lub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2009 at 4:15pm
Snipers are only fun if you increase the psi to about 600 and then its really only good for screwing around.
Flatlines only add distance not accuracy. They start to spiral in the air once they get so far. I have a 14" J&J Ceramic barrel. Its very accurate.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2009 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by Tubb-A-Lub Tubb-A-Lub wrote:

Snipers are only fun if you increase the psi to about 600 and then its really only good for screwing around.

Care to add a little more explanation to this statement.

Flatlines only add distance not accuracy.

Which gives the potential for a break at ranges where that potential did not previously exist; so this is not necessarily a problem.  (Also, with some work, many of the factors that affect F/L accuracy can be overcome.  (The external factors can't be overcome of course, but they would affect any paintball and only cause the ones fired from a F/L to go farther off target because they have more time to affect them.)

They start to spiral in the air once they get so far.

Fluttering and dying at maximum range is normal; spiraling in the air isn't and could be a sign of excess velocity.

I have a 14" J&J Ceramic barrel. Its very accurate.

J&Js are good barrels.
broomy36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomy36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 8:35pm
hey i was just wondering as it appers like the two guys on the first page have lots of experince unlike me who is going to get his first gun a tippmann 98 custom act marker, anyways i was going to get a longer barrel and i dont know which would be better a 16inch or a 14 inch they are both the same price, thats it get back as soon as you can, thanks

broomy36
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by broomy36 broomy36 wrote:

hey i was just wondering as it appers like the two guys on the first page have lots of experince unlike me who is going to get his first gun a tippmann 98 custom act marker, anyways i was going to get a longer barrel and i dont know which would be better a 16inch or a 14 inch they are both the same price, thats it get back as soon as you can, thanks

broomy36
No difference in performance or accuracy. Matter of preference.
broomy36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomy36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2009 at 10:41am
could you tell me if a cyclone feeder would be neesary if i only played a cupple of times a year? also what type of tube carrer would you recomend?
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2009 at 11:49am
Depends on your setup. If you don't have any trigger upgrades, you would be fine with a gravity fed hopper.
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2009 at 6:36pm
Unless you have a trigger upgrade such as an E-grip or Response Trigger, there is no need for a cyclone hopper because with a single trigger and no way to shoot over 3-5 bps, you don't need a hopper thats allows 15 bps unless you plan to upgrade your trigger later on. If anything, just pick up a Viewloader Revolution. It will do most of what you need and is very affordable.
broomy36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomy36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2009 at 8:57pm
thanks
RomniJo View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Gigantor sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RomniJo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2009 at 4:22am
I have been paintballing for two years now with a piece of crap view loader, so I am upgrading to a tippmann 98 platinum, and I have already bought a 14 inch smart parts linear barrel and a tiberius red dot sight and I want to know if a stock or hpa would be a good idea.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic