Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brand New Gun won't fire- PLEASE HELP!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EkXball3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brand New Gun won't fire- PLEASE HELP!!
    Posted: 16 July 2009 at 1:49pm
I just bought a tippmann 98 custom pro, came in the mail today. I read all the directions and everything before taking it out into my backyard and trying it. Everything works fine but the CO2 doesn't seem to be working. Like i said, I read and reread all directions in the book and it says to lubricate the ring put it into the back of the gun, screw it in tight, and you should be ready to fire. I loaded her up, and nothing happened when i pulled the trigger.

PLEASE HELP!! This is my first paintball gun and i can't wait to fire it!!!

Edit: Just in case this may have anything to do with it, I bought the CO2 separately, it is a 12 oz. Pure Energy tank.

Edited by EkXball3 - 16 July 2009 at 1:50pm
-Ek
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 1:59pm
Did you fill the tank after you bought it?
EkXball3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EkXball3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 2:06pm
yeah lol and its still  not working
-Ek
EkXball3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EkXball3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 2:08pm
the directions did say if its not working it could be due to a short pin valve or the pin valve seal may be damaged. But i figured since it was a brand new gun that could not be the case

Edited by EkXball3 - 16 July 2009 at 2:08pm
-Ek
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 2:40pm

Does it have an e-grip? If so, did you turn it on? If not an E-grip, did you cock it? When you take the tank back off, can you hear air(co2) escaping?

EkXball3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EkXball3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 4:37pm
no e-grip, i did cock it, and when i did take the Co2 tank off no air was escaping. 
-Ek
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 4:42pm
Either the pin is not being depressed or the tank has a leak and is empty.  Try depressing the tank pin with a hard object and see if air escapes.  If you had an extra ASA I would say just screw the tank in to that but, being that you are new, you probably don't have a bunch of spare parts lying around yet.

Just a thought; the tank didn't come with an on/off valve did it?
EkXball3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EkXball3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 4:52pm
If the tank did come with an on and off valve would i be able to tell easily?? I don't see one but i did try depressing the tank pin with a hard object for about 10 seconds and i heard a hissssss for about 5 seconds and then nothing, so maybe there is a leak but its a brand new tank so idk. 

I would hate to have to return anything and wait even longer just to fire my first paintball gun so i hope its just something simple that i am stupidly not doing lol
-Ek
Whitetail61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whitetail61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 6:42pm
Hmm when i have this type of problem i put leak detector around the tank valve. Maybe try filling it and look a leak. Or like Mack said, maybe the pin is too short or something with the ASA. I would call tippmann because they are nice about it and would probably ship you a new ASA.
The Tippmann 7th Strike Army
www.tippmann7thstrikearmy.webs.com
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 7:00pm
It sounds like the tank either has a leak or was improperly filled.  (The hiss should have lasted significantly longer with a full tank.)

The on off valve would be a knob or button on the side of the tank valve so it should be easily recognizable.  Also (silly me) there wouldn't be a pin, just an opening on most on/off equipped valves.

Edited Addition:  You can leak test the tank by getting a few ounces of CO2 in it and setting it under water.  Bubbles will indicate the presence of a leak and it's location.  A leak from the valve pin area itself normally requires a trip to the paintball shop while a leak from the vicinity of the blow out disk can sometimes be fixed by tightening the disk fitting.  (Unless you left the tank unattended in a hot area and it overheated, blew out the disk and dumped the entire tank while no one was around.  Given that you got a slight hiss when testing, I would say this scenario is very unlikely.)

Edited by Mack - 16 July 2009 at 7:39pm
EkXball3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EkXball3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 7:38pm
ok, i took it to a sports authority nearby where they filled up my CO2 tank to begin with and it turns out it was a busted o ring that caused the entire thing to leak out. They said it was hard to believe since i just got it in the mail, but they gave me a free set of 10 o rings and refilled it for me. Hopefully this will solve the problem, and i will now finally walk into my backyard with hopes of firing my gun.

Thanks for all the help and i may be back in a few minutes if there is still a problem.. (crossing all my fingers)
-Ek
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 7:40pm
Good luck.
EkXball3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EkXball3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 8:08pm
thank you very much for helping it fired nicely, but one last question,

Will the Co2 burst into my face everytime i remove i unscrew it from the gun?? (rookie mistake hopefully lol)
-Ek
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 11:38pm
yea it will unless you have a remote or your tank is empty. if you have a remote you can drain the air out by dry firing it until it stutters
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2009 at 12:47am
It doesn't hurt anything just make sure the tank is pointed up during the final stages of installation/removal.  (Doing so keeps the liquid CO2 at the other end of the tank and reduces the risk of wasting excessive CO2, damaging the o-ring or getting the rare, but painful, "freezer burn" from the CO2.)  On a related issue, a little drop of oil on your finger applied to the o-ring before each installation will make it last a long time.
EkXball3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EkXball3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2009 at 10:58am
alright thanks i freaked out when it just burst in my face all the sudden. 

Edited by EkXball3 - 17 July 2009 at 11:02am
-Ek
TippmannLazEffect View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannLazEffect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2009 at 8:34pm
ekxball3

I would suggest firing the gun as you unscrew the tank which releases air from the tank and valve this should stop MOST if not all air from spraying out of the asa or tank as you unscrew your tank.

I would face the tank at an angle pointing away from anything when unscrewing.
One of my friends tanks flew off his gun and if it wasnt for the angle his gun was pointing he would have probably got hurt or hurt soemone else

alphablack View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Constant wrong section posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphablack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 2:24pm

When they filled it, they might have not done it right

Tippmann7tstikearmy            www.Tippmann7thstrikearmy.webs.com
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 4:01pm
he has had his problem solved. read before you post
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic