Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sniper Barrel comes loose on 98 custom

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sniper Barrel comes loose on 98 custom
    Posted: 19 July 2009 at 7:35pm
I've got a tippmann 98 custom with a snipper barrel attachment (i think its called flatline). like the one in the image. Everytime i shot a paintball the barrel falls off like if it was loose. I tightend it alot and the same problems occures. Ive got two other barrels, a speedball barrel and the original. To switch barrels from the snipper attachemnt to the regular do i need to get a diffrent attachent to the gun ??

This is what i have now:

And i want it to be like this :

How do i remove the sniper attachment and replace it with the original barrel ??? and no i cant screw it on, i think i need an attachement ??
K Hop View Drop Down
Strike 1 F-bomb in link 9/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2009 at 7:56pm
have you tried reading the directions?

unscrew the screw that is on the flatline adapter at the front of the gun, where the barrel goes into the gun.. take out the flatline barrel.

unscrew the screw on the flatline shroud next to the rear sight.

take off the shroud

loosen the front two reciever screws

unscrew flatline adapter.

screw in the other barrel

fin!
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2009 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by K Hop K Hop wrote:

unscrew the screw that is on the flatline adapter at the front of the gun, where the barrel goes into the gun..

Tightening the screw K hop mentioned will also stop that pesky barrel from falling off.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic