Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X7 hopper adapter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote designatedmarksman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X7 hopper adapter
    Posted: 11 August 2009 at 8:22pm
ok, im going to start off by saying i own an x7 and it works great for woodsball. I love it and i think it is an excellent marker. however, when i bring it out to the speedball field, the cyclone feed is like a football sticking out the side of the gun. the cons for that feed start to outweigh the pros on the speedball field.

I say that tippmann should make an adapter for the x7 and a5 so one could use a normal hopper positioned more on top and not so much on the side, much like tha setup on the 98 custom or the project salvo. This would make them much more usable for speedball.

questions or oppinions? i hope tippmann sees this and makes it.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2009 at 9:42pm
The product is out there, and already made. I've seen them.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2009 at 10:19am
Funny, the last time I played speed ball with my a5 using the X7 hopper I had no issue with it, no gun/hopper hits. although I don't think Tippmann's intention was for it to be a speed ball gun.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

a_sock View Drop Down
closet MILSIMer, rides WAAHMbulance

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a_sock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2009 at 12:18pm
marksman, it sticks out like a football in the woods too, people just dont care as much...

Ceesman, wow, must have been a cool experience to take something like that to a speedball feild, but you must admit, using a cyclone feed does present a much greater chance of being shot while shooting from the right side of a bunker.
I agree though, that tippmann didnt intend for their markers to be the desired choice of speedballers. I dont think it would be right for someone to ask tippmann to addapt to something they dont want to do while tearing off something that makes them fairly unique.
its easy to be famous, just set yourself on fire
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2009 at 12:28pm
No doubt a_sock, it was hairy using it and especially against some of the kids who play semi pro with DM7's.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2009 at 7:29pm
I built this for my X7.
I only used it because the X7 was ebolted and low pressure, so low the Cyclone
wouldn't function.
Because the cyclone hook is a part of the shell, it had to be removed. That was a permanent mod

designatedmarksman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote designatedmarksman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2009 at 10:57pm
the guy,

can u post a link to the place i can buy it? thnx.
and yes its not made for speedball but it wud benefit not only the players but tippmann too if it was more multi-use
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic