Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a5 full auto

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5freak2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a5 full auto
    Posted: 06 September 2009 at 10:25pm
i need to know what is better and which is full auto repsonse trigger or egrip and is there ny other way to make my tipmann a5 automatic
thanks and keep on paintballing
ctchofday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 language strike, 2/28/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctchofday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2009 at 11:55pm
it already is automatic... you dont have to pump it do you?

its semi-automatic.

the response isnt a full automatic mod.

i have an E-grip. i prefer it to an RT. but others will tell you the opposite. it really is a preference

RT uses gas, E-grip uses batteries. just a matter of what you would rather spend the money on.
Xbl:PhantomReign97

'99 Snpr II, ½d Karni, E-Orracle, 2k4 Spstk, 2k5 Prstk, PMR SE, A5, 98
mr 400 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr 400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2009 at 12:34am
i have both. r/t on my x-7, e-grip on my alpha. i like them both but at this point i'm leaning toward the e-grip. it really does come down to preference.
mr400
Chris6_85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris6_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2009 at 12:45pm
e grip definatly has a lighter trigger also the response on the egrip is nice each time u pull it fires and once u let go it fires so basicly u are shooting non stop.. also u have a lot more options...
Tippman A5
Mods:
Selecter switch E grip
squishy paddles
Zero-kick hammer
JCS Red powertube
flat line
special ops UMP shroud
Lapco M-4 mag
a5freak2013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5freak2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2009 at 3:56pm
ok i just have a stock tippmann a5 with mods and i was wondering what kind of upgrade i should get to get an automatic gun.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2009 at 12:47pm
Both the RT and Egrip will give you higher ROF. RT does so by pushing the trigger back in place and if you sweet spot it, it can simulate full auto. Takes some adjusting though. E-grip has several modes such as Semi-auto, 3 shot burst, full auto etc. E-grip is an electronic grip, so it takes batteries. Like Ctch said, it is a matter of preference. RT is cheaper, but E-grip is more controllable.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5freak2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 10:47pm
alright thanks but ive heard the egrip is crappy breaks paint and isnt reliable does it cause problems for you... also does the egrip work well with a flatline barrel tippmann
ctchofday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 language strike, 2/28/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctchofday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 11:10pm
the egrip is not crappy, its very solid and no matter which one you get its pretty adjustable. (stock tippmann board, W.A.S., or APE)

idk who told you the egrip breaks paint.... only if you crank the BPS way to high and out shoot the cyclone which is only capable of 15bps stock, 20-25 with a QEPH or QEV mod. but most fields wont allow over 15 anyway. use good paint for the application and you wont have any problems.

the egrip is very reliable as long as you keep the batteries fresh.

ive never had any problems from mine except having too much fun shooting at max ROF and wasting paint.
Xbl:PhantomReign97

'99 Snpr II, ½d Karni, E-Orracle, 2k4 Spstk, 2k5 Prstk, PMR SE, A5, 98

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5freak2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 4:56pm
does it work well with flatline barrel
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2009 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by a5freak2013 a5freak2013 wrote:

alright thanks but ive heard the egrip is crappy breaks paint and isnt reliable does it cause problems for you... also does the egrip work well with a flatline barrel tippmann
It will work fine with any barrel you use.

As for reliability, in general, are they reliable? Yes. Keep in mind that in most cases where you are adding upgrades to markers, IMO you bring down the reliability due to breakage, low batteries, etc. A lot of us that continually "upgrade" our markers live by the motto, "fix it until it's broke". Will an A-5 with e-grip, flatline barrel, double trigger upgrade etc. etc be as reliable as a bone stock 98 with a gravity fed hopper? No. Should you expect it to break everytime you go out to play? No. Should you expect that at some time you will have to tinker, fiddle or pursuade it to work? I would put money on it.

Good luck and have fun.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic