Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Good Grief...Does this madness end?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote undrpsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good Grief...Does this madness end?
    Posted: 26 September 2009 at 1:21pm
So...My kids dragged me into woodball. Well, woodball behind our house. They have A5's and because they didn't want Dad to have the same I wound up getting the Project Salvo. Trained in the military on AR's so the feel was right. That was about two weeks ago.

Now, I have already put a Cyclone feed on my PS. I am going by the local field/pro center this afternoon to get my e-grip....and am headed to a gunshow Sunday for some good iron sights and see-thru rail riser.....
....Not to mention bidding and winning a new Tippmann TPX.....or pickup up a BT-4 (really cheap) for my daughter to play in the woods with us....
Crap...I thought my real guns were addictive. 
Jay

What part of 'shut up' are you not getting?
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2009 at 3:48pm
It only gets worse.  One person really doesn't need as many markers as I have, but I can't help myself.

Of course, there are the justifications:

• I have to have pumps set up for heavy (large tank and hopper) and light (small tank and hopper) use
  • I have to have extra pumps in case other people want to play pump and don't have their own
    • Anyway, the SL68II and Kingmann Hammer are collectors items.
  • I can't get rid of my 3-digit serial number A5 that is still pretty much stock
  • I have to have at least one 98 series marker
    • Anyway, 98s make the best AK mil-sims
There's more (much more) but I'm sure you get the point.  Big smile
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2009 at 5:52pm
Hi, I'm Mark, it's been three days since my last marker.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2009 at 6:19pm
Hi . . .

my name is Mack . . .

. . . and I have a problem . . .

. . . one not related to my personality.
Neothesmurf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neothesmurf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2009 at 2:22am
hi mark and mack, welcome, and i'm glad we can all help make your addiction...worse...lol. no but seriously. it does get bad. i just got the cyclone feed. (real easy to put on the project salvo plug and play which is awesome. thinking on getting the straight line. dunno yet. i've seen many "contraversial" and contradicting posts. but that for another time/thread. gotta love this game.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2009 at 2:58am
Hi, I'm Don, and I've got a problem.

I've got around 7 functioning markers, and well upwards of 15 projects. Many of them very rare. I've got a gun that cost me $1,110 stock and it's a pump pistol that shoots 10 round tubes and is run on 12g's. I just bought two more markers in as many days, and I'm paid in full for the new Tippmann SL-68 II that's coming in just about a month. I'm currently looking at Intimidators and Matrices. All in all, I've got more money tied up into paintball than my car is worth.

And you think you have problems...

Edited by DeTrevni - 27 September 2009 at 2:59am
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2009 at 5:21am
^^^ our leader
undrpsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote undrpsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2009 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Neothesmurf Neothesmurf wrote:

hi mark and mack, welcome, and i'm glad we can all help make your addiction...worse...lol. no but seriously. it does get bad. i just got the cyclone feed. (real easy to put on the project salvo plug and play which is awesome. thinking on getting the straight line. dunno yet. i've seen many "contraversial" and contradicting posts. but that for another time/thread. gotta love this game.

Yeah, I was all hot for an Apex or Flatline....till I used my son's and found out the downside. Accuracy suffers. I have a 20" sniper barrel I am playing with now...(I know..more than 16" is a waste) but I like the look of it on the PJ.

Well...headed to the gunshow....

Jay
What part of 'shut up' are you not getting?
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2009 at 11:21am
Originally posted by TinMan TinMan wrote:

^^^ our leader

QFT.  (He's got me beat; Only 11 functioning markers, three of which are slated for modifications, and two non-functional projects.  Plus, being cheap, most of my "antiques" are of the less expensive variety)

Edited Note:  Upon reconsideration, I realized, embarrassingly enough, that I actually have no idea how many markers I have.  (I do know I forgot to count at least one.)

Edited by Mack - 27 September 2009 at 11:23am
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2009 at 3:38pm
I once cleaned my room and found a LaSoya Promaster I completely forgot I had.

Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2009 at 6:22pm
Snerk. I believe I have 7 functioning, one ancient Stingray I that hasnt even been cocked in years, a Sheridan JTX without a grip, and a couple other in-pieces guns.

Not to mention the Autococker probably has upwards of 50 hours of custom work in it. No telling on the spyder and carbine as well. I think the only untouched bone-stock gun I own is the 98 Platinum, Im not about to mess with a gun with no serial number (Mmmm pre-release)
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2009 at 8:31pm
I think I'm gonna do an inventory...

Let's start with Tippmanns, since that's the forum I'm on.

3x - Model 98's (2 Customs, 1 M98)
1x - Pro Carbine
2x - SL-68 II (one owned, one pre-ordered, so I'll count it)

Everything else:

- Vertebrate 'cocker
- Outkast Sniper
- Ripper Sniper
- 1990 Sniper II
- LaSoya Promaster
- AGD Minimag
- Redux
- K-Framed PGP
- Semi Rainmaker
- Pump Rainmaker
- Stingray II Ice
- Raptor
- Shocker 4x4 Sport
- MilTec G1
- MilTec G2
- PMI USP
- Splatmaster
- Sandridge

And that's all I can remember...

Edited by DeTrevni - 27 September 2009 at 9:11pm

ctchofday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 language strike, 2/28/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ctchofday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2009 at 8:43pm
Mine goes like this:

'99 WGP Cocker - Sniper II converted
WGP Karnivor
WGP Orracle
'04 WGP Superstock
'05 WGP Prostock
'07 Proto Matrix Rail
Tippmann A-5
Tippmann 98 Custom
Spyder Agressor XT
VM68 (2)

the Karnivor and '99 were both bought this year with a total around $1200

ive also owned (sold them last year) a Bob Long Texas Storm Intimidator and a '08 Proto SLG

its not really  a bad habit unless you let it make bad decisions that cause you to be in debt. so far i have yet to do this.
Xbl:PhantomReign97

'99 Snpr II, ½d Karni, E-Orracle, 2k4 Spstk, 2k5 Prstk, PMR SE, A5, 98
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2009 at 9:10pm
Guns I've owned in the past (and don't still have):

- SL-68 II
- Dark 'Cocker
- E-Mag
- about 7 other Rainmakers
- Hurricane
- PMI-II
- KP-2
- Raced Free Flow MIllennium
- Spyder Imagine
- Spyder clone
- Trilogy Comp
- 2K4 Vert 'Cocker
- Half-blocked Sniper
- PGI Osiris
- 2K5 Black Magic
- Orracle
- AKA VLM

Edited by DeTrevni - 27 September 2009 at 9:13pm

ammolord View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Started from the botttom, not there yet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammolord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2009 at 9:16pm
Right now i have:

2x 98 customs
99' Sniper converted cocker
Trillogy
][nvert mini
SL-62II (just pre-orderd it)

Short, but i still have every one of em.
PSN Tag: AmmoLord
XBL: xXAmmoLordXx

~Minister of Tinkering With Things That Go "BOOM!"(AKA Minister of Munitions)~
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 7:42am

1 M98 modded to accept top mount pistol mags
1 M98 - currently modding with an E-bolt
1 SL68II -
3 AGD Automags
1 PTP MicroMag
1 POS Psycho Ballistics Silver Bullet - barely count this one since I don't actually use it.
Enough parts to almost put together another Automag.

I am currently eyeing up my PPal account and electros to see what I can get....... besides yelled at.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 28 September 2009 at 7:44am
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Terroreyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terroreyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 7:27pm
 I'm off to a bad, I mean good start. LOL Paintball gun count is 7 between myself and son, and we've only been playing since July! Mostly older pumps we picked up cheap, but I got us each a brand new Custom 98 last month, and now it's a competition to see who can mod theirs the most.
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 11:06am
My short list:

A.T.C.I. TM-11A (pump)
SL-68II
68 Special
Pro/Am
A-5
68 Automag
Ion
Ariakon ACP 2.0 (pistol)
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2009 at 2:15pm
Well, since everyone else is playing:
  • 98 Custom
    • R/T
    • Drop forward adapter
    • Expansion chamber
    • End Game compression barrel (14")
    • Old Tippmann wrap-around rubber grip (My favorite of the Tippmann grips)
  • 98 Custom (in progress)
    • R/T
    • Tippmann AK body kit
    • J&J Ceramic (14")
    • "Machine gun" barrel shroud
    • Dye Stickies
    • Rocket Cock (awaiting installation)
    • JCS folding stock (awaiting installation)
    • Raised Weaver rail (awaiting installation?)
  • A5
    • Barrel (depends on the mood I'm in) 12" J&J, 12" Lapco BS, 8" Lapco BS, F/L
    • Tacky looking home-made hopper cover (visualize a neoprene sports bra for hoppers)
  • F/A
    • Gas-through forward grip
    • Angled adapter for above
    • 68 Carbine grip frame (previous owner's work)
    • Barrel is whichever A5 barrel I feel like using (if I was still playing with it regularly)
  • SL68II
    • WGP ammo box
    • J&J Ceramic 14"
  • Kingmann Hammer
    • Freak barrel system
    • Homemade pump handle with vertical fore grip
    • Winchester hopper with pod lid duct taped in place and homemade camo cover
    • Spyder sight rail
    • Spyder bottom line kit with Lapco bottom line adapter (to handle the different screw-hole patterns)
    • Ancient stock AGD reg
    • Gas-through stock
    • Krylon camo paint job
  • Phantom
    • Frantom barrel
    • Winchester hopper with pod lid duct taped in place and homemade camo cover
    • Vertical adapter
    • Detonator reg
    • SP mini drop with on/off
    • 45 grip frame with Hogue grips
    • Armson sight rail
  • WGP Sniper (started life as a semi)
    • Angel barrel kit (14")
    • Detonator reg
    • Grip Styx grip frame
    • Quick release bolt
    • 12 volt Revy
  • WGP Tactical Trilogy SF (in camo)
    • Freak back with Stiffi front
    • Assorted covers made out of random bits of differently camo-patterned neoprene to hide the hopper and keep paint out of the hoses
  • T9 (still waiting on First Strike kit-am also considering Q-loading it since I have the Q-loader just sitting around right now-definitely a work in progress)
    • X7 G-36 sight rail (looks good on it)
  • BT TM7 (my latest "must have" purchase)
    • 12" J&J Ceramic
  • PMI Black Maxx (CQB work in progress . . . still-I think I'm on version/idea #4 now)
  • JT Stealth (I found this one in the middle of a field at a place I used to play.  When it was still in the same place a week later I grabbed it up.  It required extensive repair and serves no useful purpose)
  • Delta 68 pistol (work in progress)
    • Removed the puncture mechanism and replaced with a few small parts from the hardware store and a dummy 12 gram
      • Puncture system leaked irreparably
      • Which is how I got it.  My friend who owned our local PB shop was tired of sending it back and having it return unrepaired
    • It currently sports an expansion chamber as a vertical fore grip and an ASA to allow use as a small CQB marker
    • I am considering losing the expansion chamber and running a hard line to the ASA to allow use as a pistol with a 13 cu. in. HPA tank for "pistol primary" games
  • PMI USP (inop)
    • Put a set of Tippmann split-grips on this; they are much better than the stock grips (required some minor dremelling for the sear release
    • Have yet to find/create an adequate replacement for the seal around the puncture pin
I just remembered that I probably have sufficient spare parts to build another Kingmann Hammer (but I wont).  Additionally, I will eventually be getting a TPX.

khamvongsa09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khamvongsa09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 5:19pm
OH god.. This thread makes me feel so poor :/
Fight For What's Right
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic