Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann SL-68 II - Updated - More to Come

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tippmann SL-68 II - Updated - More to Come
    Posted: 01 November 2009 at 5:47pm
I am happy to announce that a Tippmann SL-68 II is a wonderful and pleasant marker to play with and shoot! A more informative and comprehensive review is on the way. Until then, here are a few images for those curious to see this new marker. 

--------- Update----------

Recently Tippmann surprised the paintball community and announced they were resurrecting the SL-68 in order to address the issues players mentioned they wanted to change about the marker. The new SL-68 II is their answer and it does not disappoint.

As all Tippmann markers go, the SL-68 II is built like a brick and will be nearly impossible to destroy on any paintball field. The solid cast aluminum, metal trigger, and non corrosive internal parts all aid in keeping Tippmann's durable reputation as solid as the markers they build.

This SL - 68 II marker has redesigned pump and hand grips. The ribbed front grip is comfortable to hold and allows for increased control. The hand grip is now ergonomically designed which increases the marker's comfort and adds to players control. No longer does a player have to worry about slippage during the pumping motion nor do they have to worry about dropping the marker. My favorite improvement is the sling mounts located at the front of the pump grip and at the front tip of the hand grip.

Another fun feature this marker has is the "auto trigger" option a player can keep the trigger depressed, allowing the marker to fire a paintball with each pump. Combined with this markers’ smooth, short stroke, any players using the auto trigger technique will have an advantage over other pump players whose markers do not have that option. One of the most important mechanisms this marker offers is the breech lock anti-double pump feature. Because this marker only loads when a player stokes the pump, and not automatically loaded by the marker, the anti-double pump feature protects a player from accidentally double pumping and loading two paintballs in the breech, causing unwanted barrel breaks. 

Some of the most useful features include the breech port and the redesigned integrated feedneck. Let’s face it, barrel breaks happen. When it does happen, the breech port allows players to grab their battle swab or squeegee and shove it inside. Unscrewing the barrel is not necessary for a quick but good scrub. On and off the field, this option is much appreciated. The redesigned feedneck is now adjustable which allows for a greater number of hoppers to fit with just the loosening or tightening of a screw. 

Straight out of the box, my first impression was that this marker was compact, light, and comfortable to hold. Later, I discovered that attaching a 20 ounce CO2 tank caused the marker to become too long to be held comfortably under in the arm. Using a 9 ounce CO2 tank or a remote line would fix this problem. I also later realized a 20 ounce tank is probably not necessary or a first choice of players who use or wish to use this marker.

Ultimately this marker is simple to use, quick and easy to maintain, uncomplicated in its design, and fun to use. Because of all the above mention reasons, it is, both, a perfect beginner's marker or great marker for those players that wish improve their skills and great for any player who wishes to return to an era of paintball where each and every shot counted. This marker will last forever and is just about guaranteed to increase the thrill players feel while playing paintball.

---------More To Come----------

I have an new HPA tank and a box of Reballs in the mail (my Pro Shop closed this past saturday so I they had slim pickings) and look forward to commenting on this marker's barrel and hopefully post a video of this marker in action.

Stay Tuned, Have Fun, and Enjoy!

Edited by God - 02 November 2009 at 8:59pm
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2009 at 6:00pm
Sadly, I don't play enough pump anymore to justify purchasing a new one.  I'll just have to settle for using the old one I guess.
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2009 at 8:39pm
I'm looking forward to getting mine next week, and yes, I hope it "is a wonderful and pleasant marker to play with and shoot" LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic