Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Woods Ball Barrel Selection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoostCreepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Woods Ball Barrel Selection
    Posted: 02 November 2009 at 9:51am

for my a-5 i have a smart parts teardrop barrel and a JJ Ceramic barrel.. since i only play woods ball i was considering getting the BT Apex barrel.   This is my first tippmann gun and have read all the flatline/apex stuff on here but im just curious if anyone knows if the apex would be an upgrade compared to either of the barrels i already own..

Thanks Wink
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 10:51am
Put the Apex tip on your JJ Ceramic. Best of both worlds
BoostCreepr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoostCreepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 1:34pm
hmm how would it mount up? isnt it threaded? im not too sure. Can you give alittle more info?
a_sock View Drop Down
closet MILSIMer, rides WAAHMbulance

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a_sock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 3:15pm
it is possible to mod the end of a barrel to fit the apex tip, its on youtube, just try googling it, if you can't find it I'll try and find the original mod post on pbn.

Personally I don't like the apex barrel, its just a stock barrel, the actuall tip only has some advantages, increase in range and can offer limited trick shots while decreasing accuracy. The apex can be a fun little thing to experiment with, but I wouldnt advise relying on it for anything specific.
its easy to be famous, just set yourself on fire
oh jubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oh jubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 3:50pm
I have had a dye UL barrel (.688 back), a J&J ceramic and shot a freinds flatline and I prefer the J&J.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 3:53pm
There is an adapter for sale for this purpose, but according to the reviews they can be easily duplicated at home.
BoostCreepr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoostCreepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2009 at 4:07pm
well it seems the adapter is the same price as just buying the BT Apex barrel so it would make more sense to buy it for 40 bucks then to ruin a perfect Ceramic JJ yea?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic