Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Phenom Maintainance?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Access Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phenom Maintainance?
    Posted: 24 November 2009 at 5:15pm
I was talking with the guy at the local shop and one thing he mentioned is that if I did get a phenom it would have to be stripped down and lubed every 2 cases or so. To me this seemed kinda alarming b'cos I've never really had to do this with any of my other Tippman's. I've always just done the quick-lube where you put a few drops of oil in the gas line and then dry-fire it a few times. He said that wouldn't work for the Phenom either.

I've used both a M98 and a A5 extensively, never really had to do any kind of substantial maintainance to keep them shooting.
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 5:38pm
The guy at the local shop is incorrect. The recommended maintenance is to grease three easily accessed and replaced parts every 8-10,000 shots, with the included Tippmann grease. Instructions are included in the manual.
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 7:08pm
I'm upwards of 5 cases of paint. Slid the flex valve out, still had the white grease
on everything, put it back in and am ready for more.

Access View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Access Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2009 at 12:34pm
Okay thanks. Sounds like a winner then.
eagle 6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eagle 6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 1:33pm
note to everyone!

Here in spokane, we had a board in a phenom get fried because it was left on overnight.  Protect your Phenom, either take out the battery or make sure no one plays with it and leaves the board on.
(just keep you selector on safe when you aren't using it and your fine).

I have one and love it, no maintence at all yet and I play a lot, took it apart just to see whats inside, super easy, no problems yet and I have had it since Dec. 5th

TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 1:56pm
hmm, I left mine on twice. Just used to the time out of the old was boards.
I haven't noticed any issues, but I'll pay more attention now if have witnessed this.

Thanks for the input.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2010 at 7:49pm
I haven't even wiped off the splatter on mine and I have fired about 3500 paintballs out of it. I am planning on doing a tear down and lube to see any wear in any of the parts specially the cyclone to tell the "OMG" your ratchet is gonna explode crowd. That you don't need a metal one. For wich I had about 5 cyclones and I only had to replace ratchets twice.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic