Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What's the best a5 cyclone feed upgrade kit??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdee4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's the best a5 cyclone feed upgrade kit??
    Posted: 01 December 2009 at 10:08pm
I'm new to paintball!

I want to upgrade my cyclone system so there are less ball breaks and to make it as efficient and good as possible. Whats this about a lightning rode, flexi paddles, QEPH, etc. I know I need all of them to get the best out of my a5, but I've seen several companies seel these things at different prices.
So, which brand is the best cyclone feed upgrade kit? I hear vortex is a good one... is that true?

How much does it cost?
Cheapest place to get it?

Any info appreciated

Thanks
Tippman a5
Response Trigger
Double Trigger
Rap4 AK47 Expansion Chamber
13.5" JCS Barrel
Is this good??
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2009 at 10:24pm
Look up TechT.com
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
mdee4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdee4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by evil_fingers evil_fingers wrote:

Look up TechT.com

I did. How does it help? I don't get what to go to!
Tippman a5
Response Trigger
Double Trigger
13.5" JCS Barrel
Is this good??
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2009 at 11:37pm
http://www.techtpaintball.com/cycloneupgradekit.html

Edited by evil_fingers - 03 December 2009 at 11:37pm
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2009 at 9:16am
Honestly, my cyclone rarely blended unless the paint was cold/brittle. The stock cyclone should be able to keep to around 14-15bps. The squishy paddles are a good start, but the other stuff really is only if you are getting into higher BPS and need the Cyclone to keep up.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
mdee4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdee4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 11:19am
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

Honestly, my cyclone rarely blended unless the paint was cold/brittle. The stock cyclone should be able to keep to around 14-15bps. The squishy paddles are a good start, but the other stuff really is only if you are getting into higher BPS and need the Cyclone to keep up.

I don't really care about getting more bps as of now. I just don't want the balls to break or clog or anything like that. So does this mean I should just get the squishy paddles? What brand would you say sells the best squishy paddles?
Tippman a5
Response Trigger
Double Trigger
13.5" JCS Barrel
Is this good??
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 11:40am

TechT, vortex kit, and sqishy paddles.

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 11:53am
I would go with Tech T brand as well.  With that said, if you aren't curently breaking balls, you really don't need the upgrade.  If you are blending balls in the cyclone, than look at upgrading. Resist the temptation to fix it until it's broken.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
mdee4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdee4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by oldpbnoob oldpbnoob wrote:

I would go with Tech T brand as well.  With that said, if you aren't curently breaking balls, you really don't need the upgrade.  If you are blending balls in the cyclone, than look at upgrading. Resist the temptation to fix it until it's broken.

Sorry, I'm new to paintball, but what do you mean by saying blending the balls??
Tippman a5
Response Trigger
Double Trigger
13.5" JCS Barrel
Is this good??
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2009 at 8:25pm

Are you having problems with the Cyclone? If you aren't breaking balls inside the cyclone(blending), there really isnt any reason to do the squishy paddles. Trust me, if it is happening, you would know what I am talking about. If you aren't outshooting the Cyclone, there really isn't any reason to upgrade it to be faster. If your stock rachet isn't broken, there isn't any reason to replace it. Essentially, unless you are having issues, or you NEED to upgrade it, don't.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 05 December 2009 at 8:26pm
mdee4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdee4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2009 at 10:22pm
Ok. Yhanks for all the info. Apparently Wargear sells the best paddles available! But there are different types sold from them like regular, premium, and ultra soft paddles. There was bad stuff said about ultra soft ones so I'm going with either premium or regular, but which one should I get???
Tippman a5
Response Trigger
Double Trigger
13.5" JCS Barrel
Is this good??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic