Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hypocrisy (Warning--Health Care Thread)--updated

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2010 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by FreeEnterprise FreeEnterprise wrote:

Yeah, I'm going to attempt to look like less of an idiot by only spewing what fox tells me and then saying im not the only one who calls it obamacare

mbro View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2010 at 11:43pm

Na, you're allowed... I talk to him all the time.

Didja see this?

wow... impressive manipulation going on...
You mean

Quote UPDATE: Democrats challenge authenticity of ‘doc fix’ memo

An earlier post in this spot detailed what was purported by Republicans to be an internal Democratic memo regarding the upcoming health reform vote Sunday. Democratic leadership has challenged the authenticity of the memo. POLITICO has removed the memo and the details about it until we can absolutely verify the document’s origin.

Posted by Chris Frates 12:

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2010 at 11:56am
Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

I also think the "pass it now and pass the changes later" plan is setting us up for an enormous bait-and-switch. 
There are some OK cost control measures in this bill but not enough. They really need to hash out a new bill later trying to move away from fee for care where doctors bill for absolutely everything and over test, that combined with tort reform, could dramatically lower health care costs.
Very good point about the relationship between over-testing and tort reform.  One of the main reasons for the excessive testing is the fear of being sued for stuff that might have been missed if not tested for.  (I had a very interesting discussion about this with a orthopedic surgeon before one of my back surgeries several years ago.)
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2012 at 9:02am
Only an hour away from the Supreme court ruling... 

Tidbits that the media will ignore. Democrats are allowed to decide on cases that they worked on while writing said law...Clearly playing both sides of the fence...

A republican would recuse themselves if they got put on the court, after working on the case before hand. 

Prediction, Media will spin massive Obamacare (wait, I was ridiculed for calling it obamacare... and yet, look at the headlines in two hours...) loss as actually the "choice of rich white people taking away the "healthcare rights" of the poor"...

Also,  will be interesting to watch mr. narcissist lash out that his namesake legislation is gone... I give him less than a week before he publicly loses it.

I have a friend who is a single dad, his three daughters (all 18 or older) all live at home now, as they can't find decent work in our area, and they are all on his healthcare... 

It costs him $100 a paycheck (company matches so the real cost is $200 a paycheck). He voted for Obama, and his costs for healthcare have increased as well as the increase to add his kids (promised for free... whoops) is $2,600 a year just for his kids. (company pays the other $2,600, for a total of $5,200 to have his kids on his policy per year... Just for their insurance...

He is planning on dropping them all off his plan as he can't afford the costs with the rising costs of food, gas, ect.
They tremble at my name...
Kayback View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ask me about my Kokido

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2012 at 10:30am
Medicine and doctors visits don't cost that much.

That's the thing about medial insurance, when you NEED it you NEED it. hospital plans and chronic medication plans are the way to go. Suck up the bills and go off healthcare, but do NOT ever cancel hospital plans. If you think you can't afford them while you are healthy and earning try pay off the debts they will cover if you are invalid for a couple of months.....

KBK
Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo. H = 2
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2012 at 11:10am
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

evillepaintball View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2012 at 11:27am
" with Chief Justice John Roberts, a Bush appointee, joining the liberal wing of the court to save the law."

LOL
Benjichang View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2012 at 11:52am
And here comes the outrage...

irc.esper.net
#paintball
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2012 at 1:13pm
Why outrage, the American people elected him... We get what we deserve. 

The single largest tax increase in the history of the world... AKA Obamacare. 

During the worst economic conditions of our lifetimes... 

Looks like BRILLIANT policy to run on for the next election! Who is he going to blame for the massive increase in costs on healthcare? 

What is funny is how Obama bragged about how Obamacare wasn't a tax, and yet, it was upheld AS A TAX. 

See title of the thread...

They tremble at my name...
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2012 at 1:18pm
Sometimes people need to pay taxes to have nice things.

irc.esper.net
#paintball
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2012 at 1:57pm
I still don't think FE understands what the PPACA actually does.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2012 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Sometimes people need to pay taxes in order for other people who don't pay taxes to have nice things.

Fixed

On a more serious note, I am about to offer another Mackstradamus prediction.

I predict that many of the forum liberals (that reside in the U.S.) and many of the nation's other liberals are, courtesy of this decision, eventually going to learn the following lesson:  The worst thing that can happen isn't always being denied what you wanted . . . sometimes it's being given what you wanted.

Edited by Mack - 28 June 2012 at 2:08pm
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2012 at 2:06pm
Or you can just have health insurance and then you pay for just yourself.  Problem solved.
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2012 at 2:47pm
http://www.dailyfinance.com/2012/06/28/obamacare-upheld-how-health-care-reform-will-affect-your-wallet/

If this is an accurate representation of what is going on, then I don't see how it is a bad thing.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2012 at 3:44pm
The decision genuinely surprised me. I would have bet large amounts of money on it being 5-4 against.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2012 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

Sometimes people need to pay taxes in order for other people who don't pay taxes to have nice things.

Fixed

Still happens now anyway.

irc.esper.net
#paintball
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2012 at 4:38pm

Why outrage, the American people elected him...

I don't recall voting on the members of the Supreme Court. 

Quote  it was upheld AS A TAX. 

Not quite. 

Granted, I've not gotten through the whole decision yet. 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 28 June 2012 at 4:39pm
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Has Mod powers, isn't able to use them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2012 at 7:38pm
I only heard bits and pieces as the day went on, but I was of the understanding that the Supreme Court did not uphold Obamacare by reviewing it and finding it legal. I thought they looked at it, and decided by design it qualifies as a tax so they don't have jurisdiction (for a lack of a better term) on regulating taxes.
Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2012 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007 agentwhale007 wrote:

Why outrage, the American people elected him...

I don't recall voting on the members of the Supreme Court. 

Quote  it was upheld AS A TAX. 

Not quite. 

Granted, I've not gotten through the whole decision yet. 

It very much was upheld 'as a tax' in the opinions since Obama's lawyers couldn't decide if it was or wasn't during arguments and finally decided it was. Supreme Court said it can NOT fall under the "Commerce Clause", and that the federal government cannot force you to partake in commerce if you don't want to.

The worrisome part is now, what CAN'T the feds force you to get with the guise of "if you don't, you'll be taxed"?

Yeah... not really looking forward to the day where half my check is taken out in the form of taxes, like much of Europe.

agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2012 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by deadeye007 deadeye007 wrote:

I thought they looked at it, and decided by design it qualifies as a tax so they don't have jurisdiction (for a lack of a better term) on regulating taxes.

I could very well be wrong, as I've not read the whole thing yet, but IIRC the "tax" comes from the ability of the law to levy a tax for those wishing to not partake in the insurance purchase mandate. It wasn't as much of treating the whole bill as a tax, but rather treating the opt-out mechanic of the bill as a tax for the purposes of determining constitutionality. 

Edited by agentwhale007 - 28 June 2012 at 7:59pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic