Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HPA tank size recommendation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ya, the joke did get you Strike 1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HPA tank size recommendation
    Posted: 07 April 2010 at 6:47pm
I am set on upgrading from co2 to HPA. However, I am a little unsure as to what size tank I should get. What do some of you who use HPA recommend. I use a 20 oz. co2 tank now and I want to be able to get at least that much or more. I am considering a few options here :

http://www.paintball-online.com/shop/48ci-3000psi-Aluminum-HPA-Compressed-Air-Tank_prod_TKN348

http://www.paintball-online.com/shop/68ci-4500-psi-HPA-Compressed-Air-Tank-with-FREE-Cover_prod_TKN4568RC

I will be using the HPA on a 98 custom. What do some of you with HPA experience recommend?
98God View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ya, the joke did get you Strike 1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 6:48pm
Ignore the first link to the first aluminum tank I intended to post this link:

http://www.paintball-online.com/shop/48ci-3000-psi-Aluminum-HPA-Tank-3-Pack_prod_TKN3483P

So between that and the carbon fiber tank. I usually do not play at a field where immediate fill ups are right at hand and I play mostly in the woods. Thanks.
Thads View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2010 at 10:12am
If you don't usually play at a field with a fill station your best bet would be to get as large a tank as possible. That means a higher ci number and 4500psi maximum pressure.

I play at my own house without a fill station and use an 88ci 4500psi tank. On my A5 that will last me through most of a case of paint. The 88ci tanks are a bit heavy, and I have not seen one for sale in a while (have not looked to hard either). A 68ci tank is much more common, lighter, and overall more comfortable to use. The only downside is that you will run out of air sooner.

The 48ci 3000psi tank will get you very minimal amount of shots. Think closer to a 9oz CO2 tank if you want to compare the two. Aluminum is also heavier than the carbon fiber tanks, but you need to worry less about banging them around and damaging them.

So my reccomendation is either an 88ci or 68ci tank, at 4500psi.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic