Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Magazine fed Tippmann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jollyroger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Magazine fed Tippmann
    Posted: 10 April 2010 at 12:48pm
I really think that Tippmann should think about some magazine fed markers.(other than the tpx, wich i will be getting this summer) I really like the looks of some that are on the market. and they sound great. but, I am really really partial to my tippmann, but the idea if using a hopper, then hitting a switch to go to magaizine sounds sooo apealing. Especially in todays games. Also love the idea of pulling the hopper off and going to just mag. I really wanna see tippmann do this with a new gun. Something tottaly upgrade  like the 98. A lot of kits to look like the real deal. Since Hammerhead and tippmann have teamed up, I bet they could come up with an awsome mag fed sniper rifle, (maybe like the M107 Barrett) but with the option to switch to hopper when the need arises. what do you think? (yes i know Rap4 has done this, but i wanna see tippmann do it. i want a tippman mag fed marker)Big smile

Edited by Jollyroger - 10 April 2010 at 1:34pm
98 Custom Platinum
Flatline
Bipod
Adjustible Stock
Rufus Dawg Wicked Front Bolt/Power Tube
Expansion Chamber
M4 Style Handle/Sight
Taco Speed Hopper
20 OZ CO2 Tank W/Neoprene Cover
All Camoed
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2010 at 12:56pm
i think it was called the 68 special. it was magazine fed, but not in the way that you are talking about. 
ddsnapps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddsnapps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2010 at 1:07pm
yea i agree, i'd reather wait and see what Tippmann does than buy one of them "other ones" right now..
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2010 at 12:52am
too many competing companies out there doing it already. Why enter a saturated market?
Kopkins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kopkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2010 at 3:26pm
Just curious. Why switch from a mag to a hopper with the flick of a switch? That would mean that both are on the marker at the time, and in that case why not just use the hopper and have a fake mag like a lot of milsim markers today? 
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2010 at 4:17pm
^^^ Because the 8-10 extra rounds could make all the difference.
Jollyroger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jollyroger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2010 at 5:05pm
And the ability to use the hopper to fight your way in and out of a sitution, but able to pull the hopper off and use the mag when hiding or sniping.
98 Custom Platinum
Flatline
Bipod
Adjustible Stock
Expansion Chamber
M4 Style Handle/Sight
Taco Speed Hopper
All Camoed
Kopkins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kopkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2010 at 6:55pm
You regulars here on the forum are really funny. =] You, Mack, especially make me laugh.
Dr. ConnMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. ConnMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 8:58pm
I think that would be awesome, it would make it a lot more realistic. Think about an X7 with no hopper on the side!
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 9:16pm
You shouldn't bump old posts if you don't have anything useful to contribute.
unclebob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unclebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 4:07pm
the TPX is mine in T-minus 2 paychecks or 1 well c when i decide to through the dough instead of paying my billsSmileBig smile
Jollyroger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jollyroger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 1:28pm
I own a Tpx and I really love it. However, I would really like tippmann to come out with a ten ball mag. I know they just came out with the 7 shot true feed.  all they would have to do to make the 10 round is make the mag longer, keep it a straight feed like the 7 shot. It would be awesome 
98 Custom Platinum
Flatline
Bipod
Adjustible Stock
Expansion Chamber
M4 Style Handle/Sight
Taco Speed Hopper
All Camoed
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 9:53pm
I doubt Tippmann will make it. Keep an eye out on modders forums.

Tac-8's have extended mag's available.
syphon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syphon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2010 at 6:31am
I think it is a good idea. I love my tpx. It is a great gun once you learn what kind of paintballs its shoots. Just make sure that you don't use really soft balls. The 8 round clips work great and I have the tru feeds to. I think the should make a 14 round mag. that would be just enough to make everyone happy. Plus it gives you that good call of duty 4 g18 with the extended mags look. lol. I know it sounds silly but I am going to end up buying another tpx so I can run around just with pistols. I am starting to love it more then my x7 with egrip which is also a lovely gun. If the did come out with a clip feed gun I would get it to. I love my TIPP's. 
omnis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omnis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 1:38am
So it looks like Tacamo is coming out with something.  i saw this on RAP4...

"The Tacamo Magazine Conversion Kits will soon be available for:
- Tippmann® 98® - Tippmann® A5®
- Tippmann® X7® - Tippmann® Phenom®
- BT Paintball 4® - Valken SW-1®
- US Army Carver One® - US Army Project Salvo®
- US Army Alpha Black®

Now you can carry the marker you know and trust...with the brand-new functionality of using interchangeable magazines. When you absolutely need the firepower of a squad automatic weapon - to keep up with hopper-fed markers in all-out paint slinging - the Tacamo Magazine Conversion Kits also accept the 250 round RAP4 Box Magazine!
"

Here is the link with the rest of the info:
http://www.rap4.com/conversion-tippmannbtsw1us-army-markers-a-308.html
omnis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omnis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 1:41am
Here is the link if you want to pre-order:

http://www.rap4.com/paintball/store/tacamo-magazine-conversion-kit-for-tippmann-x7-phenom
BIGBOSS_202 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGBOSS_202 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2010 at 12:41pm
It's a great idea but RAP4 has not had a good history with hard goods or costumer service. I will say that Engler and Scenario arms should be watched on this matter and I'm going to see what people say about it before I but it.
ociceman123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ociceman123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 2:42am
Originally posted by Jollyroger Jollyroger wrote:

I really think that Tippmann should think about some magazine fed markers.(other than the tpx, wich i will be getting this summer) I really like the looks of some that are on the market. and they sound great. but, I am really really partial to my tippmann, but the idea if using a hopper, then hitting a switch to go to magaizine sounds sooo apealing. Especially in todays games. Also love the idea of pulling the hopper off and going to just mag. I really wanna see tippmann do this with a new gun. Something tottaly upgrade  like the 98. A lot of kits to look like the real deal. Since Hammerhead and tippmann have teamed up, I bet they could come up with an awsome mag fed sniper rifle, (maybe like the M107 Barrett) but with the option to switch to hopper when the need arises. what do you think? (yes i know Rap4 has done this, but i wanna see tippmann do it. i want a tippman mag fed marker)Big smile

rap4.com is doing a mag upgrade 4 tippmann us army guns ima get it 4 my salvo itll be beast
ociceman123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ociceman123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 2:43am
lol i meant to put a ? in there somewhere my bad
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2010 at 7:05pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic