Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Camo Idea

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hokeymonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Camo Idea
    Posted: 02 May 2010 at 6:47pm
Not too sure if it's new, but I wanted to make my mask camo, so I spray painted my mask a color, red for me, then I put a black mist over the red after it dried. Then for the final part, I took a paint scapper and started to chip away at the paint. I didn't take it all off of course but it made it look like it was red and black camo. my mask was black in the begining.
SiG_551_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiG_551_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 3:38pm

this mask looks sick. but if your looking for new ideas take these into consideration:

1:Where do you play? think about your surroundings. (woodland would look sick.....digital camo maybe? desert?)
2: Do you want to stand out or blend in?
3: its your personal preference. do what you want. this is a great idea and you no doubt did an exelent job on this mask.
My overall opinion: i think you should make your mask blend in. woodland would look sweet. or you can do blue tiger camo. think outside the box man and see what you can come up with!
hope i helped man
hokeymonster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hokeymonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 10:57pm
Thanks, you did help. I play alot of woodsball and I know this probably won't blend in but I was just trying out new ideas. Yeah I thought it turned out pretty sweet too.
JohnnyHopper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I.O.U. a punch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 1:35am
You could get better results with a masking liquid that you paint over the base color. For soft edges try spraying through a pattern cut out of paper held off the surface (by hand or with poster tack).
My shoes of peace have steel toes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic