Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A-5: leaks, replacing rt o-rings, low velocity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motown Moron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A-5: leaks, replacing rt o-rings, low velocity
    Posted: 10 May 2010 at 10:24am
Hope everyone is doing well.  Here's my problems:

I purchased a used A-5 last week from a guy.  The gun has installed: expansion chamber, response trigger, a rifle-style stock and a "Winforce" sniper barrel approximately 14" long.  Ok, when I screwed on a full tank of CO2 the gun immediately blew the expansion chamber o-ring where it screws in at the tombstone.  No biggie, I replaced it and noticed it was very old and maybe never lubricated.  At this point, I decided to go ahead and disassemble the gun and give it a good cleaning and lubrication before my first test fire.  First off, the o-ring on the firing bolt was off.  Kind of strange I thought but I re-used it because I don't have new o-rings yet and it seemed to fit snug.  I actually re-used all the exisitng o-rings because I didn't have new ones and wanted to play with the gun on Saturday.  So, I took the gun apart and cleaned and lubricated everything except the internals of the powertube.  I re-assembled the gun and went for some test shots in the back yard.  Rightaway I could tell the velocity was low.  There aren't any static leaks, but with every shot air comes out of the velecity screw, around the trigger and condensation formed on the outside of the gun.  The expansion chamber was really cold which I guess is normal for CO2.  It also chopped a couple balls.  I adjusted the velocity screw up and down and there was no change at all with FPS.  Anyone experienced something like this?  I'm gonna change out every o-ring for sure but the air @ the velocity screw has me concerned. 

Thanks for your help,
Motown Moron
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic