Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X7 expantion chanber concept

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGBOSS_202 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X7 expantion chanber concept
    Posted: 23 July 2010 at 6:19pm
I was thinking about this for a good while now but I don't have the cash or the parts do do this. I'm hoping our local mod freaks may want to try this. We all may or would like to have an expansion chamber for the X7 without giving up the good looks or tactical capability. Most of us love our car stocks and I was thinking that it would be the best place to put it the chamber. The concept comes from the milsig that comes with an empty tank that can double as an expansion chamber and the standard air-thru system and run the line into the part that is considered the buffer tube on the real m4.

any opinions
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2010 at 9:34am
Expansion chambers work best in the vertical position.  This allows the liquid CO2 to remain at the bottom while the expanded (gaseous) CO2 moves on up into the marker.  Having the expansion chamber in a horizontal position increases the chance of liquid CO2 getting into the marker or of even freezing shut the smaller openings in some expansion chambers.  This problem could be exacerbated by the use of the patrol-carry or low-ready positions which would allow the liquid CO2 to essentially pour right into the marker.  Installing the chamber reversed (marker end towards the back of the stock) would mitigate this somewhat but would entail excessive tubing for the CO2 which would negate the whole point of moving the expansion chamber to the stock.  Additionally, there are many markers on which having the chamber in the stock would necessitate additional CO2 tubing to take the propellant to the valve because of the way the valve is designed/located.  Finally, such a concept could result in either a weaker or more expensive stock because the stock would have to be designed to slide around the point where the line enters the expansion chamber as opposed to completely encircling the "buffer tube" area. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic