Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help! A-5 Dry Firing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutegex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! A-5 Dry Firing
    Posted: 23 August 2010 at 9:23am

So a few months ago I went out to the local field to play. My A-5 started to dry fire on semi auto after just a couple of shots. After taking off the hopper I found that the cyclone would stop after a couple of shots. I had plenty of air in my tank. I had a buddy of mine that runs the field take a look at it. He could find nothing wrong with the cyclone. I went home angry that I could not use my A-5 that day. First thing in the morning I knew what the issue was and I went to work testing it. One of the screws on the gun were loose. I set it to semi auto and shot it. It worked fine. This past weekend I went out to play.....if you want to call it that.  I set it up to shoot on pull & release and after about 4 to 6 paintballs it started dry firing again. I set it to semi auto and it would work fine. Once again I took the hopper off and the cyclone was not turning when I shot faster then semi auto. Any help would be appreciated.

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 7:53pm
Any other mods besides the E-grip?
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
Absolutegex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutegex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 10:55pm

Besides a 14'' J&J Barrel with Apex  & g36c shroud no... nothing internal has been changed from original. Oh and I am using HPA with a remote coil.

Edited by Absolutegex - 23 August 2010 at 11:00pm
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 11:29pm
Ok, the remote line is possibly your problem. Take it off and try with the tank directly on the marker. If it shoots fine, it's the remote. If it is the remote, it is most likely starving the marker due to you tightening the valve down too much. You only need to turn the valve until you hear it air up, then maybe 1/2 turn more. If you crank it all the way down, until it stops the valve can actually block the airway and hamper airflow causing loss of pressure.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutegex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2010 at 7:57pm

Just tested it out with the tank on the gun. Works just fine. You should have seen the smile on my face followed by a  scowl. Thanks for all the help. I should have known it was the remote line I have had problems with it in the past. I guess it's time in invest in one of the straight stainless braided lines.

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2010 at 10:01am
As mentioned, earlier, the problem with the remote line may be tightening the on/off knob too far in. You don't need to crank it all the way down, just enough to allow the air to flow.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutegex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2010 at 5:37am
Yeah I know about it & I have been fighting this line for 3 years. I prefer a straight line anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic