Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New to tippmann

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote derock1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to tippmann
    Posted: 28 October 2010 at 8:47pm
I own a 98 custom. Upgrades included response trigger, cyclone feed, and flatline barrel. I play woodsball and was wondering where i should go from here. Gun isn't very efficient or accurate. Any help would be great.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2010 at 10:06pm
Welcome to the boards,

That sounds like a good Woodsball set up. The Flatline adds backspin to your paintballs. This gives them a flat trajectory wich adds range. If you want accuracy then I suggest that you get a HPA tank and a Barrel system that has inserts to match Paint to Bore. Like the Tippmann Straightline barrel. By having the paint and barrel match as closely you will have the accuracy that you seek, HPA will give you better shoot consistency.
ordep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ordep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2010 at 10:26pm
THERES alot of add ons like the tech t zero kick hammer,rufus dawg has some stuff , rap4 u can do so much to da 98 its amzing im a newbee im just learningBig smile
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2010 at 11:47pm
Choose your mods carefully.  Just because someone sells an "upgrade" for your marker doesn't mean it will actually enhance performance.  While the Tech-T cyclone upgrades have a fairly good reputation on here, other mods (such as after-market power tubes, or front or rear bolts, do not.  Many users have experienced no benefit from such products and others have actually had problems after installation.

Read through the forums (do searches for specific topics) and see which mods people tend to like or dislike.
shadowsniper View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Loves playing at 450fps.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadowsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2010 at 3:14pm
the flatline is terrible for acurcay, i used it for the A-5, and puts a beating on the ball that sometimes pops balls in the barrel, and it CANT be cleaned. try a 12-14in barrel, maybe even with thing straight rifiling. and expansing chamber will also make it more effective, giving you more consistant shots
Tippman X-7
Tippman A-5
Tippman TPX
Rap4 T68
Spyder Pilot
Spyder Pro
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2010 at 10:09am
Originally posted by shadowsniper shadowsniper wrote:

the flatline is terrible for acurcay, i used it for the A-5, and puts a beating on the ball that sometimes pops balls in the barrel, . . .

This is what happens when you shoot at unsafe velocities.  A properly set up/used flatline barrel with the right paint will not do this.

Originally posted by shadowsniper from the which mask thread shadowsniper from the which mask thread wrote:

. . . if you play at high pressure like me (450fps) . . .

. . . and it CANT be cleaned.

Yes, it can.  A simple rubber squeegee is sufficient for on the field cleaning.  Adding a little water for use with this squeegee works great between games.  The only additional maintenance required beyond what normal barrels need is an occasional thorough at home cleaning with soapy water.

. . . try a 12-14in barrel, maybe even with thing straight rifiling.

Straight rifling (actually any rifling) has not really been proven to be that effective at increasing accuracy.

and expansing chamber will also make it more effective, giving you more consistant shots

True, but switching to HPA, if available is a better route for this.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic