Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Tippmann A-5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tippmann Tech
Tippmann Tech

Tippmann Sports Staff / Marker Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannEmployee1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Tippmann A-5
    Posted: 19 November 2010 at 3:46pm

Tippmann is pleased to launch the new A-5 with ten new enhancements that makes it more reliable, accurate and easier to maintain. Check out this video from Denny Tippmann Jr. or visit our web site at www.tippmann.com.  The new A-5 will be available as early as next week and will retail for the same price as the old A-5.

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2010 at 7:35pm
and for those of us that have the original A-5?
Magoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2010 at 6:46pm
I wouldn't expect anything for the owners of the previous models. A LOT of A-5's have sold, and it would be quite a drain of resources to offer discounts or trade-ins for the new models.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2010 at 12:48pm
well, discounts for new parts would be nice.
Senathon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senathon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 8:13am

Does anyone knows what the packageing would be for the new A-5?  I want to make sure I get the new A-5 not the present.

Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 12:07pm
^^^around $200 bucks^^
Eh, not interested. I put way too much time and effort into my A5. No need to get a third A5 because of new bells and whistles.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 4:53pm

Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

and for those of us that have the original A-5?

well, discounts for new parts would be nice.

I don't know why you would feel entitled to this....

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 6:59pm
Product loyalty.

I picked up an A5 early because I wanted a good starter gun.

Look at software, you don't have to pay for product updates. 
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 8:42pm

Product loyalty.

My humor meter is pinging but I'm going to post this anyway:

With software you buy a license to use something, not the actual product.  However, I like this logic and am going to use it for an upgrade on my 1992 pickup truck.

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Product loyalty.

My humor meter is pinging but I'm going to post this anyway:

With software you buy a license to use something, not the actual product.  However, I like this logic and am going to use it for an upgrade on my 1992 pickup truck.

I'm actually not sure if he was serious or not.

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
tech2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tech2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 7:34pm
well jokes aside, I would like to know how many old A-5 parts will fit the new A-5?  I am sure we all have many parts!  Maybe i should dig more, but I have not read any info on the topic.

my preferred parts in question to fit the new A5 if I get one:
- (Super) Response Trigger
- Flatline
- any aftermarket Stock
- internal upgrades
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 11:16pm
yes on all counts
iPete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iPete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 9:31am
Does anyone know if the new a5 has a ported cyclone cylinder, like the X7?

sparemag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparemag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2010 at 2:05pm
Can anyone tell me for sure if the previous A5 and the new A5 parts are compatible, such as the select fire grip frame, bolt, cyclone system etc.

thanks
pixguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2011 at 8:52am
I can tell you that mags don't seem to fit the new A5. You have to mod current after market products to make them fit. I haven't don so yet...its what i've heard. 
From all the google researching i've done there seems to be only one person that has made a mag fit. 
I bought the new A5 purposefully to mod it...and i'm quite disappointed to find out that there are no after market mags to fit the new A5.
Not only that...but there seems to be a total lack of information from Tippmann to this effect. Even on the Tippmann product information webpage you can see the old A5 illustrated. 
Most if not all paintball (shops or informational) websites seem confused if the new A5 is backwards compatible.
You would think that Tippmann would inform all via press release rt otherwise to this effect. I for one would have opted for the X7 in that case.
My two cents.
a

AA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2011 at 3:39am
For all of you that are saying that you should get a trading on your old Tippmann A5 or free or cheep parts WHY!!!!!   

when a car manufacture realises a new version of the same car year after year after year you don't say well I should get the parts for cheep to turn mine into the new one...idiots 
candyzhu View Drop Down

Spammie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote candyzhu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2012 at 4:33am
Doh!

Edited by Mack - 10 December 2012 at 4:52am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic