Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Project Stealth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMack69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Project Stealth
    Posted: 07 December 2010 at 3:26pm
Yeah I know it's not a Tippmann but it's still damn cool if you ask me. This is my JT Stealth marker aka Project Stealth. I picked it up about a year ago in stock form from a buddy of mine who owed me some $ and gave me the Stealth as part of the collateral. It's definitely the Best marker that JT makes. I would Never say that it is better than any Tippmann but it is for sure a decent marker. It's very similar to a Spyder MR-1 in my opinion. 
Here she is.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2010 at 6:02pm
Having repaired/rebuilt one of those for someone I will say that, without a doubt, Spyders are better markers.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2010 at 1:18pm
The combonation of a silencer, grenade launcher, and bipod kill me. Its like getting a prius, putting in a race car engine, then filling it with cement.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2010 at 1:31pm
yeah...Agreed, the bipod does not go well with the grenade launcher.  JT's TAC 5 is the worst...
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

BMack69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMack69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2010 at 1:43pm
That was the whole idea to make it look "over killed". LoL
BMack69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMack69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2010 at 1:48pm
I'll post some pics without the fake grenade launcher with the bi-pod mounted on it. I tried to make it look like some outrageous G.I. Joe looking gun on purpose. I was actually going to mount a 3 foot rocket on top of the gun but never got around to making it.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2010 at 5:09pm
In that case, wheres your bayonet noob
BMack69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMack69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2010 at 9:22pm
Noob? LMAO!!! Maybe to this forum yeah. I've been paintballing since 1989.

Edited by BMack69 - 08 December 2010 at 9:28pm
Tical3.0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
this space for rent

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tical3.0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2010 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by BMack69 BMack69 wrote:

Then where the hell is the bayonet?
I ♣ hippies.
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2010 at 10:31pm

1. I was kidding.
2. If you have been paintballing since 1989... why are you bothering with JT's? Go unbury your SMG 68, Crosman 3357, or Factory F/A.
BMack69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMack69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2010 at 8:49pm
I got it for FREE from a friend who owed me $$$ that's the ONLY reason I even have a JT. 
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2010 at 9:07pm
Internet Toughguy, a rarity....
BMack69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMack69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2010 at 1:13am
A friend of mine owed me $50 on a bet we made on a football game so he just gave me the JT Stealth. It retails for close to $150. I think it's actually a rather good marker considering it is made by JT Sports. The majority of the Brass Eagle/Stryker/JT markers aren't the greatest in my opinion. There are a couple that are decent, the Stealth definitely being one of them. I've probably owned close to 50+ markers in the past 21 years. I started paintballing when I was 8 with a Brass Eagle Poison and then I had a PMI-III and a Brass Eagle Stingray. Then I got my first Tippmann when I was 10. It was a 98c and I've been hooked on Tippmann markers ever since. I've always been into the Mil-Sim type markers. I like the markers that look like or resemble real guns.  I'm a Mil-Sim Scenario and Woodsballer to the fullest. The markers I like the Best are Tippmann/US Army, Tiberius Arms. G.I. MilSim, BT and RAP4. The marker I would Most like to get my hands on is a Tiberius Arms T4 First Strike. And when I said that the JT Stealth is similar to the Spyder MR-1 I was mostly talking about looks and I was not talking about E-MR1. I was talking about the older regular MR-1 semi-auto. YES mechanically the MR-1 is better than the JT Stealth. I have owned a few MR-1 markers in the past.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2010 at 10:01am

A friend of mine owed me $50 on a bet we made on a football game so he just gave me the JT Stealth. It retails for close to $150. I think it's actually a rather good marker considering it is made by JT Sports. The majority of the Brass Eagle/Stryker/JT markers aren't the greatest in my opinion. There are a couple that are decent, the Stealth definitely being one of them. I've probably owned close to 50+ markers in the past 21 years. I started paintballing when I was 8 with a Brass Eagle Poison and then I had a PMI-III and a Brass Eagle Stingray. Then I got my first Tippmann when I was 10. It was a 98c and I've been hooked on Tippmann markers ever since. I've always been into the Mil-Sim type markers. I like the markers that look like or resemble real guns.  I'm a Mil-Sim Scenario and Woodsballer to the fullest. The markers I like the Best are Tippmann/US Army, Tiberius Arms. G.I. MilSim, BT and RAP4. The marker I would Most like to get my hands on is a Tiberius Arms T4 First Strike. And when I said that the JT Stealth is similar to the Spyder MR-1 I was mostly talking about looks and I was not talking about E-MR1. I was talking about the older regular MR-1 semi-auto. YES mechanically the MR-1 is better than the JT Stealth. I have owned a few MR-1 markers in the past.

BS flag thrown . . .

. . . because the math does not add up.

21 years ago was1989.  If you got a 98C two years later (when you were 10) that would have been 1991.  I am fairly certain the Tippmann 98 Custom was not yet available at that time.
Magoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2010 at 1:19pm
Gonna go ahead and throw this out there: Tippmann Model 98 came out in 1998. Hence the '98.
BMack69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMack69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2010 at 2:51pm
I meant a Tippmann Procarbine not a Tippmann 98c. I just got done polishing one of my 98 customs when I wrote that. I meant the Procarbine I got in 1991.
BMack69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMack69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2010 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

BS flag thrown . . .

. . . because the math does not add up.

21 years ago was1989.  If you got a 98C two years later (when you were 10) that would have been 1991.  I am fairly certain the Tippmann 98 Custom was not yet available at that time.

I'm sorry let me clarify for you Mack. I meant a Tippmann Procarbine not a 98c. I was thinking about something else when I was typing. I also had a Tippmann Model 98 around the same time. And I just finished polishing one of my 98 Customs before I typed that post so I got confused. I'm not b*ll**edited**ing at all.

Edited by BMack69 - 12 December 2010 at 3:06pm
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2010 at 4:03pm
They also did not make the Pro/Carbine in 1991 either...

But anyway, do you still own any old school markers? I love oldschool stuff.
BMack69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMack69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2010 at 4:24am
Yes I know the Model 98 came out in 1998. I was just saying that I had one when it first came out. I had 4 or 5 Tippmanns after the Procarbine which was the first Tippmann I ever had back in 1991. When I say I had 4 or 5 Tippmanns. I'm talking about markers that are no longer in production or have been discontinued including a
SMG-60 and a C-3.

Edited by BMack69 - 13 December 2010 at 4:29am
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 2:15pm
You must have driven your DeLorean to get that Pro/Carb in 1991, since it wasnt made then.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic