Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Any alternative to 98 custom platinum stock line?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chili_on_Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any alternative to 98 custom platinum stock line?
    Posted: 07 February 2011 at 10:06pm
It is not necessarily that I want to install macroline, but the fact that I can't find a way to use another gas line for my 98c platinum. This prevents me from adding a custom asa or drop forward. Is there any solution?

Check out what I mean on my Blog in the link below...
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2011 at 3:20pm
I think you should still be able to use a front outlet On/Off asa such as a New Designz or Trinity. You could also use a CP Direct mount, you might just have to use use some couplings to reach. I think the main reason for the current design was to keep new players from cross threading the fitting into the powertube and destroying the valve assembly.

Alternatively, you could actually replace some of the components internally and use the older style. Not exactly a cheap alternative, but I have seen it done.

Edited by oldpbnoob - 08 February 2011 at 3:21pm
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic