Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

16" SNIPER BARREL TROUBLE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 16" SNIPER BARREL TROUBLE
    Posted: 13 February 2011 at 9:51pm
Hi, i have a trouble with my 16" sniper barrel in my Sierra One marker, when i fired all the paintballs going in a curve and badly. I dont know if i need to do something about my marker, like adjust pressure or something. The barrel is new.
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2011 at 10:16am
what is your marker chrono'd at?
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

virus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2011 at 1:05am
good question, let me test it. Do you believe could be the co2 pressure ?
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2011 at 10:12am
Have it chrono'd first, 270-290 fps should be fine, and see if you get the same results.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Sandman_13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman_13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2012 at 7:56am
Hi

Were you able to resolve your issue with the 16 inch barrel? Im having the exact same problem.
My balls are flying all over the place and very inconsistent.

Also have the sierre one, with the tippmann 16 inch sniper barrel, and CO2 gas
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2012 at 8:00am
It sound like bad paint and I would check the quality of that as well.
FireLiam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2012 at 5:43pm
All paint is supposed to be .67 or .68 (i actually cant remember) but each manufacturers paint is a slightly different size. Grab a couple balls that you've been playing with and drop them through the unscrewed barrel, the should sit snugly but come out of the gun with a puff of your lungs. more than a puff and the paint is too large and if it rolls freely then the paint is too small. You can buy kits to adjust the inner diameter of the barrel to help with the smaller balls.
arctic sniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arctic sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 10:01am
could be the barrel is bent a tad....ive never had over or undersized rounds before....and if the presure was over 300 ft/sec they would probly just break....would be worth it to check all three
Tippmann 98 custom
-14 inch barrle
-trinity hand gaurd
-m-16 mag
-high rise/off set rail mounts
-4X32 center point scope
-tac LED light
-solid m-16 stock

*Tippmann TPX side arm*
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 4:47am
Originally posted by arctic sniper arctic sniper wrote:

could be the barrel is bent a tad....
Sincerely doubtful.  In the 20+ years I've been playing, I have yet to run across a bent or crooked barrel that wasn't meant to be.
Originally posted by arctic sniper arctic sniper wrote:

and if the presure was over 300 ft/sec they would probly just break....
Not necessarily true.  I've chrono'd paint over 350 fps without a barrel break.  Check the paint itself.  How old is it?  Paint that has been sitting for awhile can become oblong or dimpled which can make it squirrelly after being fired.  If that isn't the case, velocity is usually a culprit.  As it has been noted above, if you can keep the velocity around 280fps you should be good to go.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic