Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

beginner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ostrich160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: beginner
    Posted: 18 February 2011 at 5:13pm
hi, I'm new to paintballing, my first game will be here-
I am 14 years old. Does anyone know any good starter sets for under £50 that includes gun. Please do not say patriot or predator.

any other advise?
Mr.Sam98C View Drop Down
Wish Granted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Sam98C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 8:43pm
Well, the internet tells me that 50 GBP equals about 81 USD.

As far as I know you can't get a quality gun, especially package for that price. (At least in America)

Most Tippmann packages will run you about $150 (about 93 GBP)

I know that at Wal-mart (Do you have those in GB?) you can get a brass eagle package for around $60, which would be about 40 GBP. I have two of those markers and take it from me they are not worth the price. They chop about every other ball.
A good gun to get first would be a 98 Custom. They are virtually indestructible. Mine has been through mud, snow and the river time and again, and she's never failed me. The Sierra One is another good entry level marker. It has the same internal workings as the 98 Custom, but is a little cheaper, and a little prettier.

In the broad spectrum of bad ideas I think this would have to rate somewhere between running with scissors and sticking your pecker in the toaster.
Mr.Sam98C View Drop Down
Wish Granted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Sam98C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 8:51pm
Another thing.

Assuming that you fall in love with the game and continue on, you will need some upgrades.

First, the mask that comes in the package is absolutely horrendous. Yes, it will keeps you safe, and get the job done, but they generally fog terribly. You can get pretty decent masks for around $60. These are must haves. If you can't see, you can't play. I've been there plenty of times, and it sucks.

Another thing that you might want to get is an aftermarket barrel.
You can usually pick up a decent one like a J&J or Lapco for around $30-$35
This will improve your accuracy quite a bit.

Hope i've been helpful.
In the broad spectrum of bad ideas I think this would have to rate somewhere between running with scissors and sticking your pecker in the toaster.
ostrich160 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ostrich160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2011 at 12:18am
I think its probably best that I buy the membership if I love the game first otherwise (I get £5 a week allowance) I would only get I would only get £5 a month after spending the rest on a game, this way I get £15 a month (or maybe £10 if I go twice) giving me for money for saving up for equip.

I saw some this-

is this a good mask to get. Is is actually real heat vision so you can see people even if they are hiding. Or would it be terrible quality?

also, one more thing, I have just invented this gadget and I have sold it to a company and getting 50% of the profits, and soon some money is coming my way. Assuming I still haven't brought a kit, whats the best kit available? I doubt I can buy it but it would be cool to see it.

Also, should I consider getting a ghillie suit?

thanks
tom 
ostrich160 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ostrich160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2011 at 5:42am
can you give me a uk post to the Sierra One and the custom because the only ones I have found make the custom cheaper!
Mr.Sam98C View Drop Down
Wish Granted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Sam98C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2011 at 7:40pm
The mask is not really heat vision, no. haha
The mask brand is Extreme Rage judging by the logo, but I may be wrong, and again, if i'm not mistaken, Extreme Rage makes pretty good quality products. I have never seen or even heard of this mask, but just going by the price, it should be pretty good. Eventually, all goggles will fog, as the anti-fog stuff they put on the lenses does wear out. From what i've read on this forum, lots of people get fans for their masks. I have no experience in this area whatsoever.

as for a ghillie suit, that is just player preference. I don't know if rules are different in GB, but i know that most fields i've played on have a rule on suits that if a ball hits you, wether it breaks or not, you're out, because they can act as a pad sometimes. I know a guy who uses one all the time, but has some pretty bad luck with balls bouncing off of him.

i'm not sure about a link. I really have no idea where i would start to look for british websites selling stuff. Sorry.
If youre not opposed to buying used, ebay is generally a pretty good place to look for the 98 custom. They don't have a real good resale value, so you can get them at a decent price usually.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2011 at 9:22am

Paintball is an expensive investment. With your current financial status, I would continue to rent equipment from your local field rather than buying.

"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic