Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Upcoming Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forming a Paintball Club in the UK

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ostrich160 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ostrich160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forming a Paintball Club in the UK
    Posted: 10 May 2011 at 10:42am
what?
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Mr.Sam98C Mr.Sam98C wrote:

OH NO! Return of the Spaminators!
reported.
We are being invaded, time for Mack to call in the Tippmann Militia.  Gentlemen, prepare to defend our forum!  This day we fight!!!!!
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Mr.Sam98C View Drop Down
Wish Granted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Sam98C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 10:26am
OH NO! Return of the Spaminators!
reported.
In the broad spectrum of bad ideas I think this would have to rate somewhere between running with scissors and sticking your pecker in the toaster.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ostrich160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 3:31pm
thanks
kimboy View Drop Down
just say NO! to spammers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 3:00pm
Thank you for the website link.
scotchyscotch View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Truly a shining example to you all.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotchyscotch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2011 at 4:08pm
www.walkonzone.com

Have a good look at these forums, I'm not too sharp on the English scene anymore but these are where anyone with any info for you will be. There are games called Walkons where a site owner (almost definitely smaller sites than delta farce) will open the site to players with their own gear. Prices are round about 25 notes for the day if you bring all your own stuff. A box of paint is usually chucked in for about £40. Although I can't promise that.

Rental gear can be supplied however expect to play full punter price if you need it. The links I gave you will offer better info for your area but I know for a fact there will be sites providing walk-ons nearby.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2011 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Ceesman762 Ceesman762 wrote:

It isn't.

Dr. Spamingston, I presume?

Judgement Day was yesterday, It must be one of Skynet's Spaminators.

OMG . . .

. . . I'd rather face terminators.

Edit:  Spaminators are way beyond evil . . .

. . . I mean like really, really super-evil . . .

. . . even for a soulless robotic intelligence bent on world domination and the extinction of the human race.

Edited by Mack - 21 April 2011 at 3:23pm
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2011 at 10:49am

It isn't.

Judgement Day was yesterday, It must be one of Skynet's Spaminators.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Mr.Sam98C View Drop Down
Wish Granted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Sam98C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2011 at 10:48am
It isn't.

In the broad spectrum of bad ideas I think this would have to rate somewhere between running with scissors and sticking your pecker in the toaster.
sadmemories20 View Drop Down

Hasta la vista Spammy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadmemories20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2011 at 4:20am
Why is this pinned?
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not old, Not noob. May be Dave's grandma

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 10:47am
As mentioned before, there are not really many regulars here from the UK, fewer still that play paintball. You may want to try a site like www.pbnation.com and see if they have a European players section. Better yet, use Google and see what comes up.

Good luck.
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ostrich160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 10:41am
No its okay, were all kind of geeks so we know safety, we dont play without it. Could anyone suggest a good internet site which can show me local fields in which me and my friends could play?
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 10:37am
In general, I am not a fan of unsupervised minors playing renegade paintball. They typically lack the maturity to follow the rules and/or the ability to handle emergency situations that my come up. As the OP has mentioned that he is 14, I would assume his friends would most likely be the same. IMO, a bunch of 14 year olds with little knowledge + no supervision + paintball markers = a dangerous situation.  
"When I grow up I want to marry a rich man and live in a condor next to the beach" -- My 7yr old daughter.
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 10:27am
Opbn,

Perhaps you have a point.

Some disclaimers:

Check local laws and get permission from property owners before randomly using non-designated paintball area to play. Also make sure to have enough open space that unintended targets dont became an issue. Make sure all those playing or within the vicinity observe and follow all paintball safety guidelines. No one shoots over 280 fps. Everyone always wears a helmet. Dont overshoot a player that has called themselves out.

Where I live there is plenty of wide open desert where it is okay and legal for us to safely play and everyone is mature enough to respect and follow the rules. If any of these criteria cannot be meet, find a safer more, convetional solution. Good Luck.

oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 7:49am

Dear God,

I wouldn't necessarily encourage 14 year olds  with little to no experience to go out into the woods by themselves and play paintball in an empty lot. I defintiely wouldn't encourage them to do it in his next door neighbors abandoned house. Unless you have proper supervision and saftey equipment, I would discourage this, and stick to commercial fields until you have the proper equipment and knowledge.

My .02.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ostrich160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 4:18am
I just dont know any fields where I could play because they might not like paint splattering everywhere. Perhaps somewhere abandoned might work. Now that I think about it, I could just get some of my friends together and my next door neighbour has had his house abandoned for years, its overgrown and everything, perfect for cover. Thanks guys!   
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 3:01am
Welcome to the forum from across the pond.

Not too sure what options you have in Europe to play but you could alway try trainin in an open field if your laws aloow for that sort of thing.
r1zbear View Drop Down

SpamSpinner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r1zbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2011 at 10:45pm
spammer/advertising

Edited by pepprdog - 10 May 2011 at 10:05am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ostrich160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2011 at 2:53am
well, I just been delta force which is one of those places you go maximum of once a month and it only cost me £25 with 250 paintballs! Okay then, what about a club or team in Leicester or near to Leicester (in the east mids UK), every week, still about a tenner for a session but I could provide my own stuff. If not I'll just have to go to delta force once a month.
oldpbnoob View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldpbnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 1:21pm
I doubt you will find anywhere to play paintball for $16 per day including equipment rental and a 100 ct bag of paint. Good luck with that.

While you may find cheaper, commercial fields in my area run between $80-100+ (50-62GBP) per day of play for rental players.

I hate to discourage new players, but it sounds like you have some unrealistic expectations as to costs of paintball. It is not a cheap hobby. Not even close. Once you have your own equipment, you may be able to play "outlaw" or "renegade" games on private fields for less, but you would still be hard pressed to play for that cheap. Paint is not cheap, it typically runs $30+ for decent grade paint, and you still have to get your air/co2 tanks filled every time you play. 

Edited by oldpbnoob - 22 February 2011 at 1:32pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic