Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X7 Phenom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunsn88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X7 Phenom
    Posted: 05 April 2011 at 12:05pm
hey its been a while since ive been on this site, i just got a tippman x7 phenom and im goig to ge 2 48 3000 psi hpa tanks for it instead of spending a mad amount of money on a bigger tank, is this a good choice or will  pay for it in the end, i alos have 2 20 oz co2 tanks as my back up.
Slip To The Void
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 5:34pm
I wouldn't bother with the 48/3k tanks honestly.  you'll be lucky to get 500 shots off of one, and you're not going to want to carry multiple tanks around and switch em out in the middle of a game.  You're gonna spend what... $70-80 on two of those tanks, I would save the little extra cash and get at least a 68/4500.  
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 8:05pm
^^^ Maybe he doesn't need more than 500 shots/game.  I usually only carry about 300 extra rounds and about half the time I never even break into it.
gunsn88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunsn88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 8:30pm
i get a 2000 box of balls but i only go threw about one bag of them a game and i still manage to hit anouph targets. im not a guns blazing guy i just stalk everyone and sneal atack, call it what you will lol and thanks for the help. i carry a pack with me anyway with 2 20 oz co2 and if i do this ill have 2 hpa, so ill be more then ready to run out of hpa.
Slip To The Void
tacogood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tacogood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 9:44pm
Just use a 20oz CO2 tank...Yes! i said CO2! i have one made by Extreme Rage.  I can get waaaay more than 500 shots off. i don necessarily fire 500 shots in one game but my tank gets the job done.  What you said above kind of made it sound like you would be carrying 4 tanks...unless your going to a seriously large scenario game that is incredibly unecessary.
Its not that i think stuipidity should be punishable by death, i just think we should take the warning labels off of things and let the problem handle itself.
gunsn88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunsn88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 10:24pm
i was planing on not carying them sorry i wrote it out different then i thought. i ment id keep 3 in the car and just take one out, you never knwo wholl need another tank anyway, to many time dicks said they filled my friends co2 tanks and they were completely empty,thats why i go to aa local paintball store to fill up. but does co2 work good in an x7 phenom?
Slip To The Void
tacogood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tacogood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 10:55am
If its not the new electric X7 phenom then it should work fine.  Ive heard plenty of bad things about CO2 but i have a tippmann a5 and it works fine.  So yes as long as its not electric it should work fine.  X7 is a pretty good marker and like all the other tippmanns it is almost impossible to break.
Its not that i think stuipidity should be punishable by death, i just think we should take the warning labels off of things and let the problem handle itself.
gunsn88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunsn88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 12:56pm
mines an electrical e grip, its not the mechanical version, they were 1 time used on e bay for 300$ from a paintball store who rents them out, i got a good deal.
Slip To The Void
tacogood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tacogood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 4:39pm
hmm...yah i wouldnt get the CO2 then because the CO2 or water or some liquid condenses on the gun and makes it verrrrrry wet.  unless you like the possibility of electricution get HPA
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by tacogood tacogood wrote:

If its not the new electric X7 phenom then it should work fine.  Ive heard plenty of bad things about CO2 but i have a tippmann a5 and it works fine.  So yes as long as its not electric it should work fine.  X7 is a pretty good marker and like all the other tippmanns it is almost impossible to break.

The flex valve in the Phenom is designed to work on either compressed air or CO2 without problems.  This valve is used in both versions so mechanical or electrical doesn't matter.  (The problem with using CO2 in most electropneumatic markers is not the electronics so much as the potential for CO2 icing in small hoses and causing damage/blockages.)
tacogood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tacogood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 5:44pm
That too...
gunsn88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunsn88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 7:08pm
ill just get the 2 hpa air tanks then, the guns supose to be very good on air anyway right? and i use a remote line once in a while but i often go to dive and the thing kills your back,pluss its not confertable. so a smaller tank on the gun would be good to.
Slip To The Void
tacogood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tacogood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 7:55am
The X7 can run on CO2 or HPA without problems.  What size tank is really up to you.
gunsn88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunsn88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 10:47am
thanks for all your help guys. i have one more question, ive been looking into a  barrel kit for my x7 but cant find any that work on it, i herd a barrel kit helps the acuracy of the paintballs.would anyone be able to help me with this?
Slip To The Void
tacogood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tacogood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 4:24pm
Apex barrel. which is similiar to a flatline but it can be adjusted for distance and accuracy and is less picky about paint.  I dont really know any other barrels.  Cant help yah with that.
Mr.Sam98C View Drop Down
Wish Granted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Sam98C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 8:27pm
The J&J or Lapco Bigshot barrels are good ones that one break the bank. They run around $30 usually and work wonderfully.
In the broad spectrum of bad ideas I think this would have to rate somewhere between running with scissors and sticking your pecker in the toaster.
tacogood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tacogood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 8:47pm
yes those are probably the best straight up barrels there are.  BTW the apex is like 35 dollars. but you need an adpater.  You can find one on ebay for that price. If you plan on getting it look for a guy named FamousGuy. He'll ship it to you for free
gunsn88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunsn88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 8:59pm
hes the guy  i got my phenom from lol
Slip To The Void
tacogood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tacogood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 9:40pm
yah i actually have the A5/ X7 apex barrel tip bookmarked on my computer right now...lol
gunsn88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunsn88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2011 at 10:31pm

i have a big game 10 vs 10 in a month and everyone has a semi auto, so i hope this gives me an advantage having the phenom electrical. and i have the 2 hpa tanks book marked from him

Slip To The Void
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic