Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

paintball vs airsoft

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ostrich160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: paintball vs airsoft
    Posted: 20 April 2011 at 2:38pm
Title says it all. I know all or at least most of you will go with paintball as it is a paintball forum but tell me why, tell me whats good about paintball and bad about airsoft. I know you have to be 18 to join any airsoft games but I was thinking of just getting some cheap guns and playing with my friends, training for when I do go paintball. As it is cheaper. What do you think?

Thanks
Tom

p.s. What do you think of the offer I got from ministry of paintball, the £50 for 16 tickets but each set of 100 balls costs £10
Famous14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Famous14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2011 at 6:00pm
paintballs drop at a faster rate than air soft pellets. Paintball is more about aiming upward not straight at your target for this reason.  You can't say that airsoft is anything that will prepare you for paintball.
I used to think the same thing until I really got into paintball. It's a whole new experience. Plus paintballs aren't as accurate as airsoft pellets which are consistent unless there is wind involved. So, you can't really grasp that one shot=one kill concept. You'll be thrown off thinking you can aim directly at a target at a distance and think you can hit him. If you go into air soft and then paintball, don't expect everything to add up evenly.

https://sites.google.com/site/nochoppaintball/home/DSC05109.JPG?attredirects=0
Aggie View Drop Down
Lifetime FFA Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 12:24am
Me and my little brother used to go out and play airsoft around the house when we couldn't afford paint. I think it's cool but you have to stay close quarters or it's impossible. I just think that anyone in their right mind will have to say that paintball is waaay more intense, thus, funner.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic