Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Please Help on Upgrade Advise

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyetemplar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please Help on Upgrade Advise
    Posted: 06 May 2011 at 1:49am
Hello, I bought the X7 semi auto .68 marker when it came out and did not mess with it at all, just kept it clean. However,  I am at the point where I would like to make the marker more competitive. I am looking for upgrades that improve accuracy, slight range increase, more bps that are cost effective.

Any advise or product recommendations are greatly appreciated I'm open to anything that will help me get a better edge and more performance from this product. Size and weight are not an issue as long as it does not make the marker too bulky. Also advise on tank.

Thank you for your help.
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 6:51pm
take a look at this: http://www.tippmann.com/forum/wwf77a/forum_posts.asp?TID=61929
now as for accuracy if you are still using the stock barrel a new one will help with that. Most people recomend a j&j ceramic or lapco bigshot as a good upgrade from the stock. You could consider a barrel kit as well but i personally have no experience with those so cant reccomend anything.

range can only be increased by buying a flatline or apex barrel so you must decide if you really want the added range or not because usually accuracy is a bit lower when using one of those too.

and for speed you have two options. The response trigger or an egrip. Response trigger uses C02 just like your cyclone does although I think you may have to buy an adapter for the hoses to have both working simultaneously. The egrip will run on batteries and give you some different firing modes. If you decide to go with the egrip you could also consider a different board, the APE rampage board is a good choice and considered better than the normal board.   Also note that if you want to shoot at really high speeds you may need to buy some upgrade parts for your cyclone.

A good website to use to look at some of these options and get opinions is : www.pbreview.com
wuchun View Drop Down

Just say NO to spammers!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wuchun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 5:29am
another frikken idiot spammer gone

Edited by pepprdog - 10 May 2011 at 10:20am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic