Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NERD ALERT! noobs over-modded salvo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flashmanxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NERD ALERT! noobs over-modded salvo
    Posted: 21 May 2011 at 2:40pm
Hey everyone, I'm a noob here and in the sport of paintball but I'm really digging the MIL-SIM stuff, thought i would share with you my gun and the mods I've done-

Tippmann Project Salvo
Q-loader feed system (modded with self made pod shroud )
Apex II barrel
Ifit barrel kit
First strike conversion kit - ( self made mod, grip looking mount on left of gun )
Fire between First Strike rounds and regular paint by flipping switch
Twin optical target sights
E-trigger ( modded with double tap feature and external micro on/off switch )
Dual digital shot counters ( self made mod )
bipod ( modded )
Plus other smaller things but wont bore you with the details -

Check out my youtube videos for better details - youtube ID flasharamavitch

Edited by flashmanxxx - 24 May 2011 at 11:44pm
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 3:10pm
 Good god. I hope you've got bodybuilder arms to heft that thing around a field.
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 9:13pm

Very impressive I always had an idea to mount a q loader under a barrel to look like a grenade launcher but never got around to doing it. Looks good.

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 10:01pm
Holy pewpies. First strike, double-tap mode, shot counters...

You've done some work. Very nice, amigo.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 10:48pm
... I will be the first two(heh) ask,

Why two of everything? Two sights, two grips, two feed systems(FSR's and Q Loaded)?

I mean, the Q Loader is different. You arent the first, but not many people do it. Just... the extra stuff kinda throws it off for me.
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 11:24pm
Im gonna guess the two grips are for switching hands? so maybe the 2nd sight is also for that reason. The 2 feed systems not too sure on that one tho.

Edited by jordanpischke - 23 May 2011 at 11:27pm
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 6:44am
I Do like the STEN-style mag. attachment though. Clever. 
?

Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 11:28am
This is an awesome Salvo. Great work man. Let us in the shot counter mod. Sounds cool.
flashmanxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flashmanxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 11:30pm
Hey guys, first thanks for the posts - and the compliments - Yea, it's a bit much but i don't get to play very often and i enjoy going over the top! Smile  anyway for an explination to SSOK question -

The two sights are mainly used for the first strike rounds, there are pretty accurate so the top sight is tuned in at 125 ft and the second is set at 200 ft. plus i liked the way it looked. ( if you look close i even wired in a toggle switch that turns both optics off / on. taking it a step further lol )

The second grip is real handy when behind a bunker, basically flip the grip out, hold the gun on the side and peek over the bunker to fire. since both feeders are spring loaded the gun doesnt have to be vertical to fire. of course you could do the same without the grip but waaaaay more control of the gun with it ( the grip on the left side of the gun is the mag holder for the FSR i dont use it to hold the gun )

The two feed systems are obviouisly taken from the Tiberius T4 idea, firing multiple types of ammo just by flipping a switch. but whats cool is i got 3 different shots in 1 gun - FSR, regular paint, and APEX II barrel spin action. To make it worse - I carry a Tippman TPX on my side as well.

Two shot counters are for the two feeders - i couldn't  figure out how to do it all in one counter without spending some cash and those were only $10 each. FSR are 8 round mags and Q-loader is 100 round.

Anyway thats the method to my gun maddness -

Edited by flashmanxxx - 24 May 2011 at 11:37pm
Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Romped around naked in thorn bushes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 9:53am
So why the bi-pod. How does it even come out? I can dig everything else.

This is overkill in an awesome way. I'm something of a minimalist, but this is great.
Arson24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arson24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 2:32pm
hey man great lookin salvo a bit much on there for my liking but too each their own!

also come check out the alphablack fourm
over here -------> www.alphablackfourm.com
for everything salvo alphablack carver

MY TIPPMANN COLLECTION
DutchMayhem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DutchMayhem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 1:39am
you should have slapped on a tacamo clip fed mod too, it would be sweet. Then your m4 clip on your gun would have an sweet purpose other than being there to hold hex wrentches lolol but fricken sweet gun little on the much side but props you put in alot of work!!!
Mijn kracht is ongrondwettelijk!
Fordy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2011 at 3:14pm
Wow, not so much mil-sim as sci-fi-sim lol!

Seriously, great work though - I can see the thought and effort, originality etc. that went into it.

Looks **edited**ing heavy though, and how much do you have to take off in order to strip it?
Tippmann 98c Platinum
Flatline barrel
MMFK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MMFK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2011 at 11:54pm
What happens when an O ring rupters ?? five hours in the shop?
Black Widows Paint Ball Team
Captain Marcus Mother **edited** Kofoot Reporting
We Hunt From The Shadows and Strike Without Warning
l3arrett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote l3arrett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 11:59pm
I am going to be buying the apex 2 barrel for my salvo soon and i really would like to know the exact one you used because I don't want to order the wrong one.Did you get the BT APEX 2 18 INCH - A5
or the BT APEX 2 18 INCH - 98?...
Im unsure if the salvo needs the A5 barrel or the 98 barrel?
l3arrett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote l3arrett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2011 at 12:03am
And ive already seen ur vids before i even got my salvo i seen ur gun and then when i came here to this forum and seen it again I instantly new it was yours because i haven't seen a Salvo quite like this one. well done on modding it that **edited**s sick.
Boomer9884 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boomer9884 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2011 at 9:01pm
omg......at first i thought it was too much...but then i read on and noticed you modded it to fire fs rounds.....omg.......wicked.
.....This is gonna hurt....
Specturesix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Specturesix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2015 at 4:08pm
Hey man were Did u get that shot counter id like to do the same to my sierra one. Ps u should make a vid on how u did it I'm Shure a lot of people would appreciate it I know I would>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic