Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

tipp98 non act full upgrades problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cromer611 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tipp98 non act full upgrades problem
    Posted: 20 June 2011 at 1:24am
ok let me start off by letting u guys know that i read about 5-6 pages in trying to find a solution to my problem before posting this.
here goes a list of **edited**(upgrades) i put in my 98
1:Cyclone feed
-Q.E.P.H. from techt.
-Metal ratchet system from techt
-Techt squishy paddles
-Techt Lightening Rod.
2:Zero Kick hammer
3:E trigger
4:Techt fang trigger
5: Gorilla 4500 carbon Air tank
6:Apex2 barrel which has nothing to do with my problem.

ok so here is my problem besides putting all this waste of money into the gun.
Im walking on response with my dwell at 6, debounce at 25, bps 12. fresh batt, plenty of AIR. i get about 6-8 balls in and im getting double fires like crazy not to mention I will get a stove pipe(like a real gun)
I push down the hopper release and inspect the feed hole and a ball is wedged in between the wall and the front plastic bolt, as if it wasnt all the way into the chamber before firing. thus i have to pull the hammer back to allow the ball to drop all the way before firing again. this happens multiple times in a single hopper of paint.

Question 1: is the ball being fed too slowly or is it trying to bounce back into the cyclone from being forced too hard?

Question 2: the seer land and seer lip is nice and sharp, how can i solve the double firing?
NOTE: If i point the gun up in the air and fire(dry) there is hardly any double firing. if i point the gun down at the ground it double fires like crazy

i will shoot a video on my phone while i try to replicate the symptoms and upload it here asap. thanks for your guys help

Edited by Cromer611 - 20 June 2011 at 1:27am
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2011 at 2:06am
Well, I would look at commonality between those two issues. And there definately is some...

If the gun isn't getting sufficient air, the cyclone will misfire or feed unreliably.

If the gun isn't getting sufficient air, double-firing is a common symptom.

So...Are you absolutely sure your tank is outputting properly? Smile

If it is, if the hammer isn't striking the valve with enough force, less air is being admitted to fire the ball, power the cyclone, and recock the action.

I would just go into standard troubleshooting mode here. Start replacing upgraded items one at a time with the stock items and see if the problem suddenly vanishes. I would seriously look first at that upgrade hammer. Start eliminating potential problems until the situation changes, then take a close look at what's different between that configuration and the problem configuration.

Edited by Enos Shenk - 24 June 2011 at 2:10am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic