Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A5 power Tube Leak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ironhead99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A5 power Tube Leak
    Posted: 05 August 2011 at 12:03pm
 i was installing the response trigger on my a5 and then started putting it back together. Ive done this many times so I didn't lose a part or o-rings or anything.

I hooked up my hpa tank and there was a hissing of an air leak coming from inside the of the power tube and tombstone adapter. i changed out the o-ring and washer and theres still a leak. I even tried to use my CO2 tank and the leak wasn't as bad but it wish still there.

I'm wondering what my options are with this. if i should try something else to get sealed or buy another power tube?

Respond as soon as you can 
Thanks
Tec13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tec13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 12:18pm
Have you checked the tank o ring on the part that screws into the tombstone? Rather than the Valve o rings. just an idea sometimes hard to pin point leaks in that area.
Markers Currently Own: 160
Ironhead99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ironhead99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 3:33pm
The tank o ring is fine and the air line o ring is fine too. what ive actually done is took it apart again and screwed the tank into the tombstone adapter and put the tombstone into the power tube and the leak is still coming from that connection. 
Tec13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tec13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 11:07pm
Can you tell if it is leaking down the barrel or out the back side of the power tube or just around the tombstone? If it is leaking around the tombstone that has to be that o ring that seals it... may have gotten a bad o ring that you replaced it with... make sure you give it a little oil also on the o ring before the install... also i also like to take the barrel off and add a few drops of oil in the ASA and dry fire about 10 or so shots to help lube the valve... 
Markers Currently Own: 160
Ironhead99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ironhead99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2011 at 7:17pm
Thanks guys i just replaced and oiled the o-ring and the leak is sealed and is working amazing now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic