Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

12g CO2 help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sniper6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12g CO2 help
    Posted: 18 August 2011 at 8:29pm
I am currently working on a mine that uses a 12g cartridge. My current design involves using a spring to push the cartridge against a seal while simultaneously puncturing it. My question is how much force does it take to hold a 12g cartridge in place while it is releasing the gas. There will be a fair amount of back pressure since there is paint being forced through a sprinkler head.

Any help would be appreciated as I have never used 12g CO2 cartridges before.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2011 at 8:56pm
Don't know. Not many of us are in possession of a force gauge.

You have to figure 800PSI is being released. Not all of that can escape the seal.

My best idea would be to try it out, and experiment with stronger springs. You can also shim the springs.
sniper6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sniper6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2011 at 10:51pm
Well I don't need an exact force amount, but just if it needs to be locked in an adapter or if it's relatively easy. Maybe I should ask a bike forum since they use them to inflate flat tires.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic