Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A5 response firing issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flankerbuster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A5 response firing issues
    Posted: 25 August 2011 at 1:32pm
hi i have a Tippmann a5 which i bought from ebay it came with a set up response trigger and everything worked perfectly with the exception that it was extremely loud regardless to how the velocity screw was tuned and a week ago it started getting freaky about firing i would go  to fire and it would fire one ball and burst 3 shots of air (the ball comes out on the first shot) and once it finishes it won't fire for about 1 - 2 seconds and the piston on the response slowly pushes forward and there is no pattern of this mishap, it will do it on the first shot or the twentieth

so any thoughts as to why this happens? I've looked at the o-rings and there is no noticeable damage and i oil it with a heavy duty silicone oil that claims to be good for rubber and metal applications and doesn't glob-up with use, also I've tried multiple tanks ( i run on co2), so thoughts?
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2011 at 2:11pm
Have you tried to adjust the Flow Control as per the manual?
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Arson24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arson24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2011 at 2:27pm
first off i would suggest
HPA when running a R/T co2 can and will freeze internals and will be a problem down the road

but for your problem like ceesman said  check the flow control
the lil screw on the right side of the marker adjust it to alow the air to flow thru the R/T
close it right off first  so that your shooting semi only and there is no flow and adjust from there
it seem like it may have been opend too much
but get back to us if that dosnt solve your problem

MY TIPPMANN COLLECTION
flankerbuster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flankerbuster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2011 at 3:47pm
okay thanks for the input Smile  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic