Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Response Trigger with Double Trigger???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elsam88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Response Trigger with Double Trigger???
    Posted: 02 September 2011 at 12:36am
I just started paint balling and purchased an A5, I first put a double trigger on the A5. It worked o k but then I discovered the Response Trigger. They are both on my gun but I seem to have trouble finding that "sweet spot," I was wondering if I am just stupid or are they not really meant to work together???
Any help or tips on how I can find that "sweet spot" with my double trigger would greatly be appreciated.
TippmannParts Tech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannParts Tech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2011 at 4:21pm
Well I would like to say welcome! Have you tried to tune your RT kit yet.  on the flow control valve (the part that goes into the grip) there is a screw that can be adjusted to change the power of the RT.  also try firing the marker with only the top or bottom section of the trigger. also HPA or CO2?  HPA is way better for RT kits it keeps your internals from freezing under high rates of fire. 
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2011 at 7:53pm
The problem with a double trigger and an RT kit is that when you are pulling on the bottom portion of the DT, you're creating more force than you would if you were just pulling on the top portion of the trigger. The whole point of a double trigger on older markers was to give that extra leverage to counteract the heavy (3-5lbs) trigger pulls you found in markers like the Pro-Lite, Pro-AM, Pro-Carbine, .68 Carbine, etc. So, when you create that extra force by using the bottom portion of the double-trigger, you're essentially defeating the action of the RT by overcompensating for the pressure it uses to "bounce" the trigger against your finger. As TPT stated above, try using just the top portion of the trigger when you want to use the RT mode.

Edited by tallen702 - 02 September 2011 at 7:55pm
elsam88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elsam88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2011 at 1:10am
Thanks for the info, I took the gun to a shop, they told me someone had polished the insides way too much so now I guess the RT isn't going to work to full potential or something like that. Thanks again. 
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2011 at 2:06am
Originally posted by elsam88 elsam88 wrote:

Thanks for the info, I took the gun to a shop, they told me someone had polished the insides way too much so now I guess the RT isn't going to work to full potential or something like that. Thanks again. 

They're blowing a bunch of smoke up your butt. The R/T runs off a direct tap of the blow-back pressure inside the rear end of the power-tube. No amount of polishing would cause there to be a significant enough drop in pressure to effect the R/T piston's power to push the trigger back to the firing position. The simple fact of the matter is that it wasn't made to be used with a double trigger. I suggest swapping your double out for a single and seeing how it goes. If it's better, just use the single, double triggers on blow-backs like Tippmanns are more of an aesthetic choice than anything. It's only with micro-switch or optically activated triggers that you can actually "walk" a double-trigger.

What shop did you take it to that they tried to feed you that kind of a crap line?
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2011 at 10:32am
Find a new ProShop.
John Jackson View Drop Down

spamqueen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2011 at 4:44am
-deleted-spam-advertising-

Edited by pepprdog - 08 September 2011 at 7:53pm
spamqueen
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2011 at 3:37pm
BAT SIGNAL:  SPAMMER
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic