Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann SMG 68

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ironicsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tippmann SMG 68
    Posted: 29 September 2011 at 5:59pm
I know this has been covered but I figure I would throw it back out there. Why doesn't Tippmann re-produce the SMG 68???? I know the market is flooded with markers and Tippmann has a good foothold in the milsim/woodsball market, but wouldn't bringing back the SMG 68 make them TONS of money????Its one of those markers I've never seen in real life and want to own one in the worst way. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person that feels that way either. Cant we start a petition or something???
Rootbeer2468 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rootbeer2468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2011 at 6:54pm
To tell you the truth I have never seen a SMG 68 :P

Ironicsniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ironicsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2011 at 7:10pm
I keep searching ebay in hopes of finding one for sale....
Rootbeer2468 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rootbeer2468 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2011 at 8:55pm
Oh well good luck!
CHiKUN_PiMP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHiKUN_PiMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2011 at 11:02pm
Because, as you said, they already have a good foothold in the milsim/woodsball market.
There'd probably not be much money in it and it'd be one more thing they'd have to spend resources on.
And they probably realize people want one just because it was a uniquely tight design, was full auto, had some neato kick (I've fired an SMG-60 with air, and it's ridiculously cool to hear that thing rip), and can fire First Strike rounds.
But with today's rules it'd probably have to be semi-auto only(which kinda castrates the design), First Strikes are ludicrously expensive(usually only in the price range of people who spend seven hundos on old markers), and'd probably be inefficient as hell(and possibly have to use a siphon tank, which is just one more thing to complicate the design).
Believe me, I'd love it if they'd remake it, hell I almost got my hands on one once(for $600 plus a mint phantom) and I'm still kicking myself for not pulling the money together to get it.
The pros though, would be that if you were hell bent on using First Strike rounds... or just really like the idea of stripper clips, the stripper clips probably'd be less expensive than most clip fed markers, and if they could make one for around the same price as a t8 or t9 they might have a winner.
But hell, why not just put a stick feed coming out the side of a pro/carbine or something similar?
Seems like if you weren't planning on using first strikes it'd be similar enough.
Ignorance is bliss, why aint you smilin?
Arson24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arson24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2011 at 2:25pm
if the redeveloped it with the phenom spool valve
then it would be a great marker

MY TIPPMANN COLLECTION
gooddaymate77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gooddaymate77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2012 at 12:19pm

I don't have to look, I have!! 
Rubbr Chickin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubbr Chickin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2012 at 12:21pm
Could always reproduce it as a limited edition for a short while. Maybe an anniversary gun?
Ian_Rap4UK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian_Rap4UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2012 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Ironicsniper Ironicsniper wrote:

I keep searching ebay in hopes of finding one for sale....
www.Rap4UK.cojm
Ian_Rap4UK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian_Rap4UK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2012 at 10:41am
Not sure what happened to the last post! Anyhow, here is <not> a SMG68 for sale:

Edited by Mack - 21 December 2012 at 11:25am
www.Rap4UK.cojm
rbruntzjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rbruntzjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2013 at 9:08pm
I have a SMG 68, and I need to find at least one stripper clip so I can reproduce.    I do all kinds of custom work and can produce a mold to make them with, but have to find one first. 

Edited by rbruntzjr - 29 January 2013 at 9:09pm
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2013 at 10:19pm
Sorry, I only have SMG60 clips.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic