Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Co2 Leak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote averyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Co2 Leak
    Posted: 29 September 2011 at 7:46pm
K so i got out my gun  today to see if it was still in good shape since i havent used it in a couple months and i noticed that when i screw my co2 tank on theres a leak inside the gun. so i took it apart and checked to see if i could find anything that was wrong...... but i couldnt. im guessing the leak is coming from inside the Power tube. Any suggestions? 
SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2011 at 7:48pm
Wrong section homeslice.

Anyway, I would put a few drops of oil in the ASA when installing the tank, and then put some hand soap or dish detergent where the steel braided hose screws into the tank. If the soap bubbles, its a leak there.
averyB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote averyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2011 at 7:55pm

your right wrong section, damnit lol ill try it thanks

GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2011 at 8:09pm
what SSOK said. Also, i'd check the O-rings to make sure they were still in tact...might be as simple as changing those

High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2011 at 8:49pm
Wrong subforum, but thanks for reminding me of the time tippmann replaced my cracked power tube for free.
Zata View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2011 at 5:25am
Does anyone else want to point out that its the wrong forum?  I don't think 3 times was enough.
FreeEnterprise View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not a card-carrying member of the DNC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeEnterprise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2011 at 8:14am
wrong forum ^^^ lol.

Typically leaks are from bad o-rings. I run silicone O-rings in my tippmanns, as they are bulletproof, and I haven't had one leak yet. (I change them every 2 years anyways)

I would bet it is your power tube...

this video shows how to clean and oil it properly, this should be done every 2 years for sure...

They tremble at my name...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic